Partington Wheels?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

wickedstealthy wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:19 pm
Now I'm the process of building up reserve 52/63 with tactic hubs 1/5 the price

Except for exclusivity I don't see any point anymore in partington and even more in things like LW.
How much are you building the Reserve wheels for? They aren't cheap rims and with Tactic hubs I'd think it's still a very expensive set.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

I snapped a spoke on a Partington Mk1 yesterday. A stick flicked up and got wedge between the valve and nearest spoke. It must've been wedged in there and on the pedal stroke back, hit my heel and boom. Oh well. Got a crash replacement rear wheel coming to me, since I like it alot.

As far as comparison to a LW wheel...hands down a better wheel IMO. New MkII has a different hub from the first gen DT Swiss internal rachet. So I guess I'll have to learn how to service them.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

proffate

by proffate

jb wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:00 pm
I have the feel that i feel the crosswind a little bit more as the other wheelsets i owned i guess its because of the thicker spokes. But its difficult to judge.
Or it's because the rim shape is a relatively narrow V (widest point 26mm) which is basically the opposite of these wide toroidal rims that solved the crosswind problem years ago.

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

kode54 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:16 pm
I snapped a spoke on a Partington Mk1 yesterday. A stick flicked up and got wedge between the valve and nearest spoke. It must've been wedged in there and on the pedal stroke back, hit my heel and boom. Oh well. Got a crash replacement rear wheel coming to me, since I like it alot.

As far as comparison to a LW wheel...hands down a better wheel IMO. New MkII has a different hub from the first gen DT Swiss internal rachet. So I guess I'll have to learn how to service them.
I built them for around 2.4K euro. A bit the same as the stock dt180.
Btw the hubs are made by nonplus in Germany. They are about cheaper then the tactics. Not much but still 😉 r2bike in Germany sells them.
But basically that's the price you typically for Enve here with stock hubs or dt Swiss stock wheels

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

I had the MK1, and although they were pretty good, they did suffer from Hub issue, and slight rubbing of the carbon spokes. However the MKII are utterly fantastic. I see them as a more advanced version then the Lightweight Meilensteins. They really transform a bikes feel and ride quality. Defintley makes my Baum Ti go faster on a Hill, and so light to bring them up to speed.

Would I buy them again .... yes I would. So good that I have another pair on a Speedvagen Steel Disc bike being build up for me.
Attachments
IMG_1885.jpeg
cc02dbb7-4772-495f-9f22-4397f1b30cb9.jpeg
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

kode54

by kode54

My crash replacement is on the way to me. I should have them some time within a week. I thought about using another wheelset, but I liked them do ended up replacing the rear wheel. Not sure if they'll match since the front is still gen.1.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Karvalo

by Karvalo

wickedstealthy wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:14 pm
Btw the hubs are made by nonplus in Germany. They are about cheaper then the tactics. Not much but still 😉 r2bike in Germany sells them.
But basically that's the price you typically for Enve here with stock hubs or dt Swiss stock wheels
I think you're talking about Princeton, not Partington?

kode54

by kode54

You can’t build up Partingtons since they use special hubs with boomerang spokes.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

Karvalo wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:02 pm
wickedstealthy wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:14 pm
I think you're talking about Princeton, not Partington?
Yeah something went wrong in my head :D