The Freaks topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

There is a ton of member bikes in the Introduce Yourself /Gallery section of this forum.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

StefanR

by StefanR

yes tons of ugly stuff, would be nice to see the reactions... well, the tears....
diversity.....

""the sheeps get loud... when the wolf is gone....."" Juan Marquez

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Most of the bikes there I found to be nice. What's your standard of freakness.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

StefanR

by StefanR

stella-azzurra wrote:Most of the bikes there I found to be nice. What's your standard of freakness.

my standard: don't laugh about others, if you're not able to laugh about yourself. the Introduce Yourself /Gallery, is full of bike owners who got offended by other peoples comments on their bikes. ;)
diversity.....

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Really? I though it was just to introduce yourself as the new person on the forum. Go figure.

Rumsas

by Rumsas

Just found another freaky thingImage

L3X

by L3X

Oh my... that guy looks like Rasmussen a LOT! Hope it's not him though :X

Kastrup

by Kastrup

If you haven't read a personal sponsor just bought a team for him :) She will be disappointed if that's his new look!
"Stay cool and try to survive" A. Klier to the other members of the Garmin classics squad the night before P-R.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Rumsas wrote:Just found another freaky thingImage

What do you expect the frame to look like. This guy is exceptionally tall. Tall usually means a big triangle of more than a few triangles on the frame to achieve stiffness and proper support weight of these tall heavier people. Have you seen some of the basketball NBA players frames? They look like gates!

StefanR

by StefanR

level gets down here, now we discuss persons, not frames only.
diversity.....

critracer26

by critracer26

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Personally speaking, I like to see people riding regardless of what they're riding. It is interesting, as is the point of this thread, to see the top end performance-oriented frames being used in a way that is completely different from the original intention of the designer. This was the trend in the first few posts...

Then at some point someone on this thread posted what is just a normal bike that looks different. Nothing particularly freaky about that at all. Same thing with exceptionally tall bikes: they're simply tall, not 'freak' bikes.

A "freak" bike would, perhaps, be something like a Walser TT frame using BMX-style handlebars, a gel-pad covered seat with springs, Dura-Ace drivetrain paired with Open Pros and 32c Schwalbe City tires, a very large bell, mirrors, and a large Dyno-generator driven headlight (as an example).

A tall bike, or a bike with a unique frame design (such as that Slingshot) are not freak bikes.

So, can we please get back on topic and stop posting bikes that are simply out of the ordinary because of their design or size?
And please, stop posting about tall people. They're just like everyone else: we're all human. Leave it alone.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

critracer26 wrote:That is conan o'brian

http://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-gall ... n-bike-02/

I though I recognized him. I think Conan is 6' 4".

eurperg

by eurperg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Tom Cruise`s bike...