The Freaks topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Kasparz

by Kasparz

stella-azzurra wrote:
critracer26 wrote:That is conan o'brian

http://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-gall ... n-bike-02/

I though I recognized him. I think Conan is 6' 4".

I'm one or one 1/2 inch taller and i ride 58cm on road/56cm for training and 20' on xc. That guy has frame waaayy too big and bars waaayy too high.

StefanR

by StefanR

diversity.....

""the sheeps get loud... when the wolf is gone....."" Juan Marquez

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

StefanR

by StefanR

also great furniture.

diversity.....

js

by js

So much for getting back on topic...

I'm with prendrefeu - lets avoid calling out people for rides they love (or their freakin' furniture), and get back to truely odd set-ups.

And a TT frame converted to a pretty nice looking road bike doesn't match that criteria for me.

StefanR

by StefanR

js wrote:So much for getting back on topic...

I'm with prendrefeu - lets avoid calling out people for rides they love (or their freakin' furniture), and get back to truely odd set-ups.

And a TT frame converted to a pretty nice looking road bike doesn't match that criteria for me.

I am also with prendrefeu. apart from that, this thread is totally useless. who decides which bike does ""match the criteria""? you?
me?

none of us.....

I think that the TT frame/bike is ugly, you say it "doesn't match that criteria".

since we had a big frame here, now a small one:

Last edited by StefanR on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
diversity.....

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Kasparz wrote:
stella-azzurra wrote:
critracer26 wrote:That is conan o'brian

http://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-gall ... n-bike-02/

I though I recognized him. I think Conan is 6' 4".

I'm one or one 1/2 inch taller and i ride 58cm on road/56cm for training and 20' on xc. That guy has frame waaayy too big and bars waaayy too high.

Well since Conan can buy any bike he likes, he had this custom made so that he was more in an upright position hence the taller head tube.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

eigner

by eigner

well when you think about it, it is a "freak" bike. Being a TT frame, it has a much steeper STA and the owner even used a straight seat post keeping the very steep (compared to race geometry) STA.. I find that qualifying for a "freak"-bike. He could at least have chosen a seat post with lots of setback to bring the STA down.
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

LouisN

by LouisN

There is more and more ambiguity in the selection of bikes here... :roll:

I suggest there should be a "weight weenies fashion police" team created,
and you guys can put out a list of strict standards, or criterions, for a bike to "fall" in the freak's category:

Examples:
-less than 15 cm saddle/bars drop automatically called freak
-Color coordination (decent percentage/numer of colors)
-Respect of trademarks, myth,repect to "sacred" aspect in a bike
-Etc,etc...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

More seriously, talking of respect, I suggest you guys don't choose bikes from the Introduce/gallery section...

Louis :)

Dennis

by Dennis

I think that the TT frame/bike is ugly, you say it "doesn't match that criteria".

If you can't see or admit the difference between the first 'freak' pics and this TT framed bike then you are a strange man :o I don't mean this in any offensive way :oops:

Maybe this bike is from a triathlon atleet who want to stay in the same position while training? Maybe this bike is for short triathlon where a aerobar isn't allowed? Or a triathlon with lots of climbing? I don't consider this bike a 'freak'

StefanR

by StefanR

Dennis wrote:

If you can't see or admit the difference between the first 'freak' pics and this TT framed bike then you are a strange man :o I don't mean this in any offensive way :oops:

Maybe this bike is from a triathlon atleet who want to stay in the same position while training? Maybe this bike is for short triathlon where a aerobar isn't allowed? Or a triathlon with lots of climbing? I don't consider this bike a 'freak'

I have to "admit" something I cant "see"? ;))) maybe I can visit a workshop "how to recognize freak bikes" and learn more about freak bikes. but.. I am not interested, most of the time, freak/s stick out of the boring masses and are (most of the time) interesting human beings.

diversity.....

StefanR

by StefanR

LouisN wrote:More seriously, talking of respect, I suggest you guys don't choose bikes from the Introduce/gallery section...
Louis :)

there we go... why? only aloud to laugh about non member bikes?
diversity.....

js

by js

prendrefeu wrote:... the point of this thread, to see the top end performance-oriented frames being used in a way that is completely different from the original intention of the designer. This was the trend in the first few posts...

Then at some point someone on this thread posted what is just a normal bike that looks different. Nothing particularly freaky about that at all. Same thing with exceptionally tall bikes: they're simply tall, not 'freak' bikes.
So, can we please get back on topic and stop posting bikes that are simply out of the ordinary because of their design or size?
And please, stop posting about tall people. They're just like everyone else: we're all human. Leave it alone.

StephanR wrote:

I am also with prendrefeu...

since we had a big frame here, now a small one:

Pre's whole point was to stop posting bikes as freaks just because of their size - do you understand that this is EXACTLY what you've just done?

I guess my main issue now is that is seems that you're just bullying people for not matching your required coolness quotient. I'd probably have been more willing to accept your comments about the TT-to-a-Road bike set-up, if it hadn't been for the comment about his furniture being ugly too. Or the previous comment "yes tons of ugly stuff, would be nice to see the reactions... well, the tears...."

Seriously - you seem to have a pretty nice life. I don't think you need to bully people on-line to feel better about yourself.

StefanR

by StefanR

no need to feel better at all, but the need to show that none of us judges what is freak and what not a freak bike. and yes I posted the colnago, just as simple provoction. this thread is useless, it would be funny if the members would also laugh about themselfs, not only about outsiders. best.
diversity.....

devinci

by devinci

who can judge if the thread is useless or not. If you think it is, just dont read it. It was pretty fun at the begining.

StefanR

by StefanR

devinci wrote:who can judge if the thread is useless or not. It was pretty fun at the begining.

nobody, not you, not me. the thread is still fun! ;))))
diversity.....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com