The stupidest thing you've heard at a bike shop...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Lina

by Lina

Surely this belongs here?
LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:37 pm
Another observation: two separate shops literally reacted with horror when they found out I removed a press-fit BB. One person even said, “Oh my god!”

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

C36 wrote:
Fitter: the bike size doesn’t really matter, what matters is the 3 contact point position
Me: but what about handling, weight repartition or bike geometry
Fitter: that’s irrelevant nowadays you don’t understand it
i remember my first *pro* bike fit - it was at this newly opened joint that had all these top of the shelve stuff on display. they had an inhouse fitter who sat me up, put these markers on me, did the whole thing. i got this fit for free as an incentive to buy a bike, which i finally did not. fitter had some tweaks over my position, we spoke on frame size,.geo, etc. his.words were more or less "go with a 54-55 size, smaller is wrong, bigger also wont work" etc. then the shop owner pointed to the bike i was kinda interested in, and they wanted to sell me in the first place - it was an Isaac, some 56+ size - a bit taller and longer than what i had been riding. fitter looks at him like nothing happened, turns to me and says "actually this bigger size will work...." :beerchug:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com