Discovery is done! Update: Hincapie joins t-Mobile

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

BenCousins

by BenCousins

teterider wrote:The hope for the future is that cycling has been called the new golf,

Excuse me while I kill myself...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

VeloScaper

by VeloScaper

whats going on?....a lot of expensive doctor bills. :lol:

Not too surprised after reading Johan traveling to China looking for sponsors.

Anyway, Lance always did know when to quit. We'll see what happens next year.
Last edited by VeloScaper on Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BenCousins

by BenCousins

Skunk wrote:So who is Contador racing for next year?

I reckon he'd fit right in at Astana.

drjones96

by drjones96

This is one of the worst things that could ever happen to american cycling. The biggest team in the US....heck .....the world....just folded.

Tour Of California
Tour De Georgia
Tour of Missouri

Without a big name american team like Disco they may as well close up shop. People go to these races JUST to see this team (not me but some people).

Everybody that owns a USPS/Disco edition Trek is probably sobbing right now....and here in Texas there are a LOT of those folks. They buy these bikes just because it's what Lance, George, Levi, Floyd, etc rode. They ride them with pride and now they ride a bike that, to them, only represents a memory of a bygone cycling team that couldn't survive the scandals.

critracer26

by critracer26

according to roadmag Hincapie has officially joined t-mobile.

kermit

by kermit

it looks like they are feeling the heat and are packing their suitcases. To me it gives a very poor impression.

teterider

by teterider

critracer26 wrote:according to roadmag Hincapie has officially joined t-mobile.

Wow, good for him.

Hmmm, maybe I should ditch Verizon and go with T-Mobile on my next phone. We should all, where practical and applicable, support these companies who support our sport - from team sponsors to advertisers of cycling on TV. Versus did a good job of getting some big name ads to help them broadcast this year, but next year may be much harder for them = weaker coverage for us. Its important to not only support these companies, but email them and let them know you are doing so and why. Trust me, these emails do make it to marketing execs and it really can make a difference.

swinter

by swinter

teterider wrote:Hmmm, maybe I should ditch Verizon and go with T-Mobile on my next phone. . . . Versus did a good job of getting some big name ads to help them broadcast this year, but next year may be much harder for them

According to their website, Versus had a banner year with viewership of the Tour.

I'm a longstanding T-Mobile customer (their predecessor, Voicestream, was an early wireless data network provider and I like the ability to use my phone worldwide) but I will never get over the magenta jerseys.

Still, I always root for Adam 'cause he's a weight weenie.
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

Dubbayoo

by Dubbayoo

maybe Starbucks will come on board since T-Mobile provides Starbucks wifi hotspots....at least where I live.

Warblade

by Warblade

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Trek bought out Felt's contract and sponsored the Slipstream team for next year if Slipstream decided to step up and take the ProTour License. BUT (and there's a big butt :D) there will most likely be massive contention for the license from the European Pro Conti teams as well.
www.ChrisDiRe.com

Adam Hansen wrote:Sponsors should not have to go, its the doped riders that should be shot instead, in the knee caps would be nice.

drjones96

by drjones96

Without the success of USPS/Disco team Trek's sales would have been in the toilet. Trek needs to seek out a good team to sponsor.

Warblade

by Warblade

drjones96 wrote:Without the success of USPS/Disco team Trek's sales would have been in the toilet. Trek needs to seek out a good team to sponsor.

AKA Team Slipstream.
www.ChrisDiRe.com

Adam Hansen wrote:Sponsors should not have to go, its the doped riders that should be shot instead, in the knee caps would be nice.

Warblade

by Warblade

I hope so too. They have certainly given off that image of one!
www.ChrisDiRe.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

teterider wrote:
critracer26 wrote:according to roadmag Hincapie has officially joined t-mobile.

Wow, good for him.

Hmmm, maybe I should ditch Verizon and go with T-Mobile on my next phone. We should all, where practical and applicable, support these companies who support our sport - from team sponsors to advertisers of cycling on TV. Versus did a good job of getting some big name ads to help them broadcast this year, but next year may be much harder for them = weaker coverage for us. Its important to not only support these companies, but email them and let them know you are doing so and why. Trust me, these emails do make it to marketing execs and it really can make a difference.

I'd love to do that, except where I live, I'd have little to no service- EVER!
that would really suck if I went out for a ride and had a mechanical.