best ever cycling print....

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

=4cranks wrote:
DocRay wrote:My favorite print is an old campy poster with Eddy Merckx and Tullio Campagnolo, but I can't find it anywhere.
I like this one but haven't found it as a real full-size original poster.

that's the one, Eddy has that all-conquering look on his face and Tullio is saying, "dis Eddy, he maka me lotsa lira".
Google: Results 1 - 20 of about 88,500 English pages for _doping_, _cycling_ and _denies_. (0.33 seconds)

=4cranks

by =4cranks

Glad you liked it.
Equality for Cranks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HTFU

by HTFU

Ghastly wrote:
the last 2 mostly because they feature a friend of mine and i know what he has to do to try to make it in the pro-peloton...

EPO?

Ghastly

by Ghastly

training hard!

Seamus

by Seamus

I was looking for something completely different & stumbled across this thread - some great photo's!

For some beautiful photo's I found by chance this site whichI hope the owner doesn't mind me citing here (if I shouldn't being doing this I would ask the mod's to delete the link):

http://cycols.free.fr/

It's in french but it doesn't matter as the photo's are incredible. I really like the following

deltasierra

by deltasierra

spinwax wrote:I can't believe this has not been posted!!! IMHO by far one of the best cycling photos ever.

Agreed. Don't have the source, but I remember GW saying this is HIS favorite photo too. This is the only cycling print I own. Super Record white hoods. Eponymous Cinelli stem. Great wheels. And Benotto tape (probably) too!

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

HammerTime2 wrote:
spinwax wrote:
Geoff wrote:I have this (zoomed-in on Greg) in b&w on perforated vinyl 6 feet high. I think it came from an Interbike display...

That was an awesome frame he is on. Carbon Frames out of Sparks Nv in the early 90s. I believe that was Calfee's first deal.

I had a couple of those as team bikes as well.

That picture is from the 1989 world championship race, which pre-dates the early 90s.

Not a Calfee nor a Carbonframe. It was a TVT which is what PDM, ADR, Z & Reynolds used in the late 80's to early 90's. Lemond started to use Carbonframes in late 91 IIRC.

Rick

by Rick

Sean kelly's legs

King Kelly

1984 Liege Bastogna Liege Podium

AdamBurns

by AdamBurns

I like the picture with King Kelly, the road is so hardcore! This is the real life :-)! :thumbup:

Rumsas

by Rumsas

Nico Mattan riding the Roubaix with a beenie, cool man cool pic i think
nico-nico.jpg

dustbin

by dustbin

This one of Wegmann makes me cringe!!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... 24&bih=675

ritcheykestrel
Shop Owner

by ritcheykestrel

Have the best one here....

He is obviously in a bunch of pain in this one!
Attachments
snuffx-dot-com-an-instant-before.jpg

bartali

by bartali

deltasierra wrote:
spinwax wrote:I can't believe this has not been posted!!! IMHO by far one of the best cycling photos ever.

Agreed. Don't have the source, but I remember GW saying this is HIS favorite photo too. This is the only cycling print I own. Super Record white hoods. Eponymous Cinelli stem. Great wheels. And Benotto tape (probably) too!

Aero Super Record? C-record probably .... but yes a great photograph!

Ulle

by Ulle

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

On August 28, 2008 in this thread, djconnel wrote:Then I always liked this one of Jobst Brandt doing an ad for Avocet back in the '80's:
He still rides that bike, and still descends the same way.
djconnel wrote:
Roel W wrote:Still without helmet????

The man's been riding extensively, locally and in the European Alps for 50 years and still doesn't wear a helmet. It's amazing he's still alive, right :):):). (and I still don't wear one when I drive a car. Call me crazy.)
Jobst Brandt finally had his Waterloo. He is no longer alive.
https://rayhosler.wordpress.com/2015/05/06/jobst-brandt-leaves-behind-memories-to-last-a-lifetime wrote:Jobst Brandt, a cyclist who in so many ways influenced the bicycle industry during its glory days of the 1980s, died on Tuesday, May 5, 2015, after a long illness. He was 80.

The day after his 76th birthday, Jobst crashed his bike at the Sand Hill Road and Whiskey Hill Road intersection near Woodside during an early morning ride in a dense fog. It was his last bike ride. His serious injuries added to the burden of other health liabilities.