best ever cycling print....

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

misteryellow

by misteryellow

otnemem wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:47 pm
misteryellow wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:23 pm
[img]https://i.etsystatic.com/37576311/r/il/ ... eh.jpg[img]

Made it myself using Blender. Yeah it's a shameless promotion but two years later I'm still proud of it. I looked at EVERY piece of information I could get about the gold medal winning Lotus 108 bike by Boardman and modeled everything like the real thing. Took 4 months. It's now hanging in my minimalist living room. I sold a couple to enthusiasts but not a lot of people seemed enthusiastic about it.
It's really good. I would drop the "Lotus 108" off the top, but I'm probably even more of a minimalist.
Damn, that made my day. The Lotus 108 could be removed but originally I wanted a more frivolous font design to make it more appealing. However, I kind of like the extremely minimalist style. Seems popular with many desk setups too.
''Just because something is possible, doesn't mean it's a good idea. It will add unnecessary complexity with little, if any, real benefit. Part of the beauty of this sport is the lack of hand holding & arse wiping.'' - ultimobici

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

otnemem

by otnemem

misteryellow wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:09 pm
otnemem wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:47 pm
misteryellow wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:23 pm
[img]https://i.etsystatic.com/37576311/r/il/ ... eh.jpg[img]

Made it myself using Blender. Yeah it's a shameless promotion but two years later I'm still proud of it. I looked at EVERY piece of information I could get about the gold medal winning Lotus 108 bike by Boardman and modeled everything like the real thing. Took 4 months. It's now hanging in my minimalist living room. I sold a couple to enthusiasts but not a lot of people seemed enthusiastic about it.
It's really good. I would drop the "Lotus 108" off the top, but I'm probably even more of a minimalist.
Damn, that made my day. The Lotus 108 could be removed but originally I wanted a more frivolous font design to make it more appealing. However, I kind of like the extremely minimalist style. Seems popular with many desk setups too.
My pleasure.
Just to give you an idea of where I'm coming from, I'm looking for a wall art piece on/inspired by Pantani and ruled out a couple that I would otherwise probably buy because they have some sort of "(Marco) Pantani" on them. "I know who he is, that's why I'm buying the art", my wife hears me complain. Ahah.