SUNGLASSES APPLICATION ON A HELMET WHEN NOT BEING WORN

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

DEADRE

by DEADRE

Hi Everyone,

I had a pair of sunglasses when not worn, was able to place at the back of my helmet and it stayed put. Recently I purchased a new pair of sunglasses, but when I tried to place it at the back of my helmet, the sunglasses was gradually slipping out of place and was going to end up in the pavement. I can not place it at the back pockets either as there is a piece of the sunglasses that is delicate & will likely get squashed and brake off the sunglasses.
With that being said, to those that have the same predicament, what did you do to resolve the situation BESIDES, stop using these particular sunglasses?

Thank you in advance!

zirxo

by zirxo

Put them in the vents of the helmet. But if that doesn't work you can always hang them from the back of your collar.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

zirxo wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:28 am
Put them in the vents of the helmet. But if that doesn't work you can always hang them from the back of your collar.
Agreed with this, I tend to put them upside down in the vents on my helment as they tend to stay place better personally for me (EV Radar or Sutros in a POC Octal or Abus Gamechanger).

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

After getting hit by branches, leaves, filthy water on the ground when in a group ride, rocks pitched by tires hit me in the face, debris including animal feces kicked up by my tires when mtb ing I wear glasses to protect my eye whenever I'm in motion.

flying

by flying

Juanmoretime wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:22 pm
After getting hit by branches, leaves, filthy water on the ground when in a group ride, rocks pitched by tires hit me in the face, debris including animal feces kicked up by my tires when mtb ing I wear glasses to protect my eye whenever I'm in motion.
^^^+1^^^ :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gorkypl

by gorkypl

Depending on the sunglasses and helmet combination, you have four options.
Front normal, front upside down, rear normal, rear upside down.

Usually one of these works. If not, you need to change helmet or glasses.

Fuji Cross 1.5 - Shimano 105 5800 | Cinelli Superstar Disc - Record 12s | Custom steel Karamba - Ekar 13s