are availability issues really gone in 2024...?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

You have never heard of a pushy salesperson? In this area its -14C with a good amount of snow and I am pretty sure the shops are doing very little for service/sales so salesppl will be in your face. I was in this particular shop a few weeks back and it was pretty quiet with a couple guys behind the desk. I have spent money at that shop in the past but they didnt have anything much to make me purchase at the time but I was just passing through the area and stopped in.
They have a large inventory with a couple high end road/mtn bikes and there was a bike in the service shop. They are located on the south end of the city where there is alot of developement and hopefully they do enough bussiness to stay with us.
The guys are not pushy sales ppl but are attentive to what you might need and if you tell them your just browsing they leave you at it.
If I am in need of something that they have instock it will be the first shop I go too.
So yes wrong wording.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

geez you have some very bizarre phobia. staff's primary job is to sell stuff, not to hold it on display and show it to wise ass customers who always know better and will do anything not to buy through a shop in the first place.

and if staff doesn't encourage you to buy or spend more it only means they're sh%t at their job.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

so back to availability. i visited a Giant dealer the other day asking about Propel, but had to phone the owner directly as staff wouldn't know/couldn't check on their own/WTF. after asking me 5 times what my height is (lol) he said the first batch of bikes has been already distributed and since they haven't ordered any Propels he can't sell me one right now. but they should be availible again like within weeks. of course i can place an order but have to pay a downpayment of some sorts "cause it's an expensive bike"

funny thing is they had two Colnagos on display but staff didn't have a clue about them as well..

Karvalo

by Karvalo

bikeboy1tr wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:32 pm
You have never heard of a pushy salesperson? In this area its -14C with a good amount of snow and I am pretty sure the shops are doing very little for service/sales so salesppl will be in your face. I was in this particular shop a few weeks back and it was pretty quiet with a couple guys behind the desk. I have spent money at that shop in the past but they didnt have anything much to make me purchase at the time but I was just passing through the area and stopped in.
They have a large inventory with a couple high end road/mtn bikes and there was a bike in the service shop. They are located on the south end of the city where there is alot of developement and hopefully they do enough bussiness to stay with us.
The guys are not pushy sales ppl but are attentive to what you might need and if you tell them your just browsing they leave you at it.
If I am in need of something that they have instock it will be the first shop I go too.
So yes wrong wording.
So to summarise - Have I ever heard of pushy sales people? You went there recently and they didnt steal your wallet and force you to buy stuff. Actually these guys are quite nice and not pushy at all so there's nothing to worry about.

Ok I think we can leave it there.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

tymon_tm wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:20 pm
so back to availability. i visited a Giant dealer the other day asking about Propel, but had to phone the owner directly as staff wouldn't know/couldn't check on their own/WTF. after asking me 5 times what my height is (lol) he said the first batch of bikes has been already distributed and since they haven't ordered any Propels he can't sell me one right now. but they should be availible again like within weeks. of course i can place an order but have to pay a downpayment of some sorts "cause it's an expensive bike"
See, again I don't think bad shops with bad owners have anything to do with what the general availability of bikes on the market is. It's an amusing anecdote but it isn't useful data.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

of course they don't. but what i've learned from visiting this BS shop is that Giants are (most probably) within a reach. not that i want one, but that gives some perspective.