2024 Pro thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

On the subject of slippery roads at the Dauphine today - everyone same line, same speed, etc. and one guy goes down. Different tires? Different pressure? Different luck? The fickleness of the cycling gods on display. And some excellent crisis management by the following rider. Even included a tight little one footed swerve at the last minute to avoid running over the downed rider’s hand. (At about 78km to go in the broadcast.)
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Karvalo

by Karvalo

spokenwords wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:16 pm
https://www.stickybottle.com/latest-new ... ash-video/
spectator video shows just how slick the road was with riders sliding for quite a distance.
Wow. Only time I ever slid like that was through a diesel spill.

petal666

by petal666

spokenwords wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:16 pm
https://www.stickybottle.com/latest-new ... ash-video/
spectator video shows just how slick the road was with riders sliding for quite a distance.
It's great for us spectators don't watch the race any more.

spokenwords

by spokenwords

Remco gets dropped and Landa stays with the GC group just to get dropped a few minutes later? Odd tactics unless Remco knew he needed to let go and just ride.
"Notice how the door closes when the chimes of freedom ring." Joe Strummer
"this goes to 11" Nigel Tufnel
Dont move to Austin
Major Taylor rules.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

"Landa the team player" s21e37
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

tymon_tm wrote:"Landa the team player" s21e37
If only they could have seen this coming…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kervelo

by kervelo

You could clearly see that Remco and Landa discussed for a while before Remco let the GC group go and continued in his own pace. I think Landa just proceeded according to their decision.

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

How is the cycling world sleeping on this Lozkano ride? Easily the breakout ride of the year and he clearly has found his calling after doing the 1 day thing for a couple of years. He loses 5 more kilos and watch out.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

surely trying to limit Remco's loses and maybe remain his chances at overall podium come secondary to Landa's ambitions to follow the wheel a bit longer and lose anyway.

of course i'm no racer, nore a manager. perhaps Remco did feel bad enought to tell Landa "'Im done, goodbye, make the most of it" ....:lol: I just don't quite believe it.

spud

by spud

OnTheRivet wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:23 pm
How is the cycling world sleeping on this Lozkano ride? Easily the breakout ride of the year and he clearly has found his calling after doing the 1 day thing for a couple of years. He loses 5 more kilos and watch out.
agreed, I had no idea he could climb like this. I have no idea where it leads, but he certainly has reason to focus on longer climbing type events, he seems every bit as capable as Mas at the moment. Only caveate to this is in this particular stage, there really wasn't any attacking by marquis GC climbers, which also doesn't bode particularly well for Evenepoel. As for Landa, I think he was told to ride with the group as long as he could, RE didn't have a crisis, the tempo was just too much for him, and if there's anyone who can ride a decent tempo on his own, it's RE.

spokenwords

by spokenwords

"just 8 seconds"
the last Dauphine stage was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be!
"Notice how the door closes when the chimes of freedom ring." Joe Strummer
"this goes to 11" Nigel Tufnel
Dont move to Austin
Major Taylor rules.

maquisard

by maquisard

Still three weeks until the TdF, but Roglilc will not challenge even a Giro fatigued Pogacar on that performance. I would really love to see Roglic win in july, but I cannot see it happening.

Great rides by Jorgenson and Gee, however of course this race is only one week. The accumulated stress of the three weeks of a Grand Tour is a different challenge.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Gee is mighty impressive but my one of my personal favs this season is Jorgenson. that dude has a great future ahead of him, and a lot more chances at "clean american Tour win" than Kuss IMHO.

eins4eins

by eins4eins

OnTheRivet wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:23 pm
Rumor is he is heading to Bora for next year. Will be interesting to see where they put him.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jaisen

by Jaisen

maquisard wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:36 pm
Still three weeks until the TdF, but Roglilc will not challenge even a Giro fatigued Pogacar on that performance. I would really love to see Roglic win in july, but I cannot see it happening.

Great rides by Jorgenson and Gee, however of course this race is only one week. The accumulated stress of the three weeks of a Grand Tour is a different challenge.
As I watched Roglic barely hold on to his victory I thought there is no way he can compete with Pog, but after the race Roglic was complaining about the sweat base layer he had on. He might have overheated. Still I am doubtful he will win TdF. Nonetheless overheating can seriously cause one to bonk just as bad as depleting one's carb stores. Hopefully Bora does a better thermal regulation job during the TdF, I want a competitive race not a Giro repeat.