GCN+ to close

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

MrRolandos

by MrRolandos

So what's currently the best to watch the most content in Europe? GCN+ was great and had alot of coverage. Should I just go ahead and get Discovery+ or Eurosport?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LOWIEV

by LOWIEV

I live in Belgium and (for now) Discovery+ is not yet available. So now i use the Eurosport streaming app.
works great.

jbr6

by jbr6

I just bought a month of flobikes, but can't get it to work on any of the expressVPN servers in the USA or Canada, anyone found a way to bypass the geoblocking ?

ms6073

by ms6073

jbr6 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:24 pm
I just bought a month of flobikes, but can't get it to work on any of the expressVPN servers in the USA or Canada, anyone found a way to bypass the geoblocking ?
I am really hoping that at some point, services like Max and Discovery force Flo Sports out of the cycling segment. As for your question about geoblocking, I am guessing you are asking about the viewing content on Flo's website - How to change your browser location in Chrome and Firefox (spoof your geo-location)
If you are casting from your phone to a smart tv, then the app iuses your phones actual location so not sure how to deal with that.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

MichaelB

by MichaelB

MichaelB wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:28 am
Still haven't rec'd my refund from GCN.

Anyone rec'd theirs ?
Well finally, some action.

As my subscription was via the Apple Store, it was up to Apple to provide the refund. I finally got a message yesterday that I'll get my credit, but it may take up to 30 days to get it ....

Talsk about slow - :unbelievable:

jbr6

by jbr6

ms6073 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:32 pm
jbr6 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:24 pm
I am really hoping that at some point, services like Max and Discovery force Flo Sports out of the cycling segment. As for your question about geoblocking, I am guessing you are asking about the viewing content on Flo's website - How to change your browser location in Chrome and Firefox (spoof your geo-location)
If you are casting from your phone to a smart tv, then the app iuses your phones actual location so not sure how to deal with that.
It seems both from my phone and website, Flo is banning IP's of my VPN. I finally managed to get through the geoblocking on one of the canadian servers, then after a few minutes I had an error message saying the IP was banned. I'll never understand why those services but so much efforts into Geoblock... What entices them to do so, they're just losing customers to it. GCN+ gave 0 *f##k* about it, any server I'd connect to what enough to bypass Geoblocking..

ms6073

by ms6073

jbr6 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:04 am
I'll never understand why those services but so much efforts into Geoblock... What entices them to do so, they're just losing customers to it. GCN+ gave 0 *f##k* about it, any server I'd connect to what enough to bypass Geoblocking..
I suspect this has to do with things like the penalties associated with violating various digital content laws in those countries. I know the EU has much more stringent laws and very stiff penalties in regards to enforcing digital content rights, and would suspect that Canada does as well.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

EdWiser

by EdWiser

More of a case of a bad VPN. Use Nord or express never have a problem

spokenwords

by spokenwords

Having to listen to Bobke and Christian VandeVelde on peacock is absolute torture.
"Notice how the door closes when the chimes of freedom ring." Joe Strummer
"this goes to 11" Nigel Tufnel
Dont move to Austin
Major Taylor rules.

EdWiser

by EdWiser

spokenwords wrote:Having to listen to Bobke and Christian VandeVelde on peacock is absolute torture.
So true. Image