Selle smp microfiber maintenance

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Nexus11

by Nexus11

"Hello,

I have bought a SelleSMP Forma colored.Is it okay to use a rain cover for this saddle to protect the microfiber?

The saddle cover is used in the house against dust and some heat from the heating sistem also from the moisture that result from drying some clothes in that area.

For cleaning can I use baby wipes or only " 3 in 1 saddle wipe" ?

Thank you."

This was the e-mail that I've send to the manufacturer SelleSMP but I didn't received any information.Does anyone have any information about maintenance of this type of saddle?
Leaving the bike in the area that is sometimes hot due to the heating system or moisture caused by drying some clothes create problems? Does an air dehumidifier crack the microfiber as the leather? Does a saddle cover protect from this problems or create aditional ones?

Thank you for any ideas.This is my first microfiber saddle from Sellesmp.I choose a colored saddle because I was thinking that the leather saddle is high maintenance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

I think only the black saddles are actual leather which I dont care for as they are very grippy. The microfiber is pretty tough and I have been using a silicone car wash liquid that you add water too. I use any silicone based lube or wash on it with no issues but really they need little for maintenance.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

Nexus11

by Nexus11

My only concern is that the microfibre can unglue on some area of the saddle or break because of the humidity or dryness that is in that area where the bike would stay in winter times.

Nexus11

by Nexus11

Today i received this from selle smp after a week:

"Hello Ionut Lucian,
thanks for contacting us and for preference our products.

Regarding your request you can use the cover in house with serenity; not for the ride because you closed the central hole.

I inform that for the care and cleaning of the saddle, there are our new wipes Leather Protector rich of natural emollients that preserve your saddle; or you can treat it  whit a little mild detergent and tepid water them dry it.

Or you can clean with microfibre cloth and warm water.

We remain at your disposal for any further.

Best regards."

Hope it helps other people.