Sunglasses that sits closer to face and not let the wind on your eyes

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Nexus11

by Nexus11

Hello,
I'm searching a pair of sunglasses.I have a very old model from Decathlon that is good for me,but i'm afraid that they don't hold much longer.I have search another model but all the models that i found, let some windpast pass.Some models resemble my old model but they don't silicone nose strip and they let some wind passthrough.That creates discomfort ,dry eyes. I have found that i needed good lateral protection and to be closer to my face(eventualy with some silicone nose strip that is taking my nose shape).

Should i try the oakley kato or jawbreaker(the jawbreaker has some wind channels those things aren't creating disturbance?)
Anyone has any recomandation apart from this two?

These are my old glasses https://static.testbike.hu/images/prpic ... 010-NO.jpg

Weber

by Weber

Full frame sutros are good glasses to stop the wind

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

req110

by req110

Jawbreakers.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

zirxo

by zirxo

The models Sutro, Jawbreaker, Kato, and Radar EV from Oakley all works good.

CyclingGiraffe

by CyclingGiraffe

No experience with the Kato or Jawbreaker, but the Oakley Radar EV sits pretty close to my face and don't channel wind into my eyes. Have ridden in Sutros, too, which also work pretty well, but I personally find the Radars more comfortable.

Wookski

by Wookski

CyclingGiraffe wrote:No experience with the Kato or Jawbreaker, but the Oakley Radar EV sits pretty close to my face and don't channel wind into my eyes. Have ridden in Sutros, too, which also work pretty well, but I personally find the Radars more comfortable.
Love my radar EVs, especially with their Kenny Powers vibes. For winter I use Alba Optics Solo with their reflective, photochromatic lens- very little wind behind the lenses, large coverage but don’t fog.

ico

by ico

Assos Zegho

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

For the winter months I wear the Smith Ruckus in photochromatic which have a lense measuring 53mm top to bottom and also the Oakley EV photochromatic that have a big lense. I find for myself any lense that is 50mm plus will cover enough to keep the breeze out of my eyes. If you have large cheekbones the lense size might not need to be as large.
Smith carries many models with tall lenses but it depends on what styles appeal to you as well obviously.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

uraqt

by uraqt

I am a big oakley fan, I think prizm is real deal.... while Katos look "strange/cool/out of this world" they block the wind really well, I have not used jawbreakers as I was using RX M Pro... the oakley message boards are saying that the Wind Jack 2.0 is being reissued too and those are basically goggles... that said I think Katos are the best new/mondern sunglass around. They allow my to wear contacts with no issues : ) prizm road in the sun and prizm low light in the rain!!!

C