NBC and TDF

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

So after some back and forth emails with GCN I finally discovered that when I delete my VPN from the laptop it will allow me login to gcn but as soon as I load the VPN back on gcn will not allow me to login or I should say I get an error screen. GCN didnt ask me if I have a vpn but lately our Canadian gov has been cracking down on google and US news sites for money and blocking Canadians from seeing much of the US news sites from FB and some other sources. I dont really care about the news sites but wouldnt surprise me if our gov has something to do with blocking VPNs or forcing gcn to block. The French are also pretty anal about what we can view on tv as well so who knows. Guess I dont need a VPN any longer.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Orbital

by Orbital

bikeboy1tr wrote:Anyone having issues logging into GCN Plus? I have tried on a couple different devices and just get an error code. Email is correct and I tried to do the forgot PW and it reset fine but still same error code. Yes I have a VPN which I turn off when logging in. I did send a report to management. Just wondering if they got hacked...
No problems here. Used a VPN and GCN+ to watch all 3 grand tours this season

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Orbital wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:49 am
bikeboy1tr wrote:Anyone having issues logging into GCN Plus? I have tried on a couple different devices and just get an error code. Email is correct and I tried to do the forgot PW and it reset fine but still same error code. Yes I have a VPN which I turn off when logging in. I did send a report to management. Just wondering if they got hacked...
Okay thanks Orbital. I did manage to login with the VPN loaded and paused but had to make some VPN setting changes to get the Vuelta coverage. What a PITA that was but still worth it.

Orbital

by Orbital

bikeboy1tr wrote:
Orbital wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:49 am
Okay thanks Orbital. I did manage to login with the VPN loaded and paused but had to make some VPN setting changes to get the Vuelta coverage. What a PITA that was but still worth it.
I’m using NordVPN at the moment. Usually use ExpressVPN but was looking for a cheap alternative, which it wasn’t in the end!

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Yeah I was looking at my Nord expiry date but its still two years away so I just made sure it wasnt on auto renewal. I got a smokin deal on the Nord and it normally works well as long as you have your settings the way you prefer. When logging into banking you have to toggle it off even when set to Canada otherwise the bank wants two step verification everytime which isnt a bad thing I guess.