Turkey clubs/buddies

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

toride

by toride

Hey guys,
Is there any one that can help please- I’ve booked a family holiday to Turkey (Oludeniz) in August this year and I’m planning on taking my road bike.. I’d really appreciate some decent road routes to use or even a wheel to follow (happily buy the coffees) for anyone willing to join me.
Pretty good level of ability would be happy with big mileage or even just a local spin.

:beerchug:

toride

by toride

So, I’m home safe and sound after a mega holiday in Oludeniz,what a beautiful and interesting place to ride, but beforehand my concern was I might attract unwanted attention due to being slightly unusual perhaps(just in the way). This couldn’t of been further from the truth as even when riding in the busy traffic the other road users where more than friendly and courteous,
As for the rides I took on.. bloody epic, climbs galore with endless switchbacks and stunning views,
I took my own bike and this was also more than easy to do, the private transfer driver was more than happy to squeeze the Alan box in his Vito.
All good really.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fa63

by fa63

Glad to hear you had a good time. My parents are Turkish and I lived in Izmir for a number of years during childhood. They have since retired there so I try to visit them once a year or so, and I have also been pleasantly surprised with the riding, especially the drivers' attitudes given how aggressively people drive. I enjoyed riding there so much that I bought a bike last time I was there and left it at their place so I can ride whenever I feel like while I am visiting. The Antalya region is beautiful as you witnessed, though I haven't ridden there. I have a cousin who lives there so maybe I will take my bike with me next time I visit them :-)

spokenwords

by spokenwords

Im stoked to read about your visit to Turkey. I am not surprised they are accomodating of cyclists. Ive been fortunate to visit there and have a number of amazing Turkish friends. The driving may be a bit crazy but I dont get the sense that they drive with the over inflated ego like they do here.
Now you got me thinking about going for a cycling vaca there.
"Notice how the door closes when the chimes of freedom ring." Joe Strummer
"this goes to 11" Nigel Tufnel
Dont move to Austin
Major Taylor rules.