Was I bait & switched by IBKsports?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

RoadDonk82

by RoadDonk82

I was looking for Aethos frameset for a while online and found a nice deal on IBKsports. I emailed them with a question about the frameset (if it's easy to peel off the logo) and after getting "we don't really know" answer I ordered it anyway and paid the listed price (it was listed as available in their online store so I filled up the form and made a payment).
After a few days I've got an information that this specific color is not available and they offered me a few different ones. I didn't like those so I asked for a refund. They offered me some 2023 colors as well and a new price but I really didn't want those so asked for a refund again which I've got.

The thing is that the color I ordered is still listed on the website (but this time at higher price). It wasn't a huge discount or anything (15-20% when you compare to other stores). I spent a few hours pondering the purchase, researching how the logo is painted on this specific version, if it's easy to peel off, comparing prices at different vendors etc. so I feel disappointed and I don't think it's a fair practice. Right after I made the order I've got some spam message from unrelated (but bike related) sites as well which leaves a bad taste as well as if the information wasn't kept private.

Am I overreacting here? Any similar experiences?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Edited to remove incorrect information.
Last edited by dudemanppl on Thu May 18, 2023 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Sounds like classic bait and switch tactics. Could be an innocent error followed by a sincere attempt to help you out but I'd be skeptical.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

RoadDonk82

by RoadDonk82

For the record, there are no frames out there with easily peelable logos.
Isn't the idea of ready to paint frames to be able to peel the logo easily? (so you can paint it and then apply another set of decals if you want). I guess I am misundestanding it.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

dudemanppl wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 1:47 pm
For the record, there are no frames out there with easily peelable logos.
Yes there are. The Ready To Paint (Satin/Jet Fuel) came with the head tube and top tube logos as stickers that you can just peel off if your plan is to get a) custom paint or b) a plain black bike.