Virklon clothing experiences

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

robbosmans

by robbosmans

I want to order some stuff from them but it’s hard to find people who tried it. Looking for experiences with Virklon in terms of quality and fit.

C36

by C36

I did order twice from them (I discover the brand here on WW). from them I use, 2 summer bibs, 1 winter, 2 summer jersey and a long sleeve wind-proof one.

Long story short I am very happy with them and to be honnest I wear them along my Castelli top of the line kits without thinking if one is better than the other.

Now more in detail:
- I love how they offer different fits, lengths, grips, zips, cuts... for each of their products. I plan to order their aero socks just cause they are made to your ankle diameter so they won't fall
- They are open to discussions, my second bib I wanted relatively short but without the silicon inserts... they offered me a short folded licra band that is not available in their std options.
- came as I designed them (one small detail worth mentioning: your design should keep one mention of the brand, whereever you want)
- the bib insert is the best from Elastic Interface (I love the very high density inserts)
- in terms of durability, they behave like my Castelli, RH+ or Gore kits (and better than a Santini I previously had)
- their comunication is quite good for a brand making one-off kits
- detail level is good, not brands 3x more expensive good but solid

Did I faced any problem? not really but to be complete
- the first bib ordered two years ago (different from the one ordered more recently) had the silicon grips pealing off faster than I wanted, they offered me a reasonable deal on my next order
- my windstoper jacket had a bit of a rough finish around the zipp for the key pocket on the back (but that's really to be picky)
- I probably spent way too much time designing those kits, but I loved the process!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com