Selling stuff, where?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

bobones

by bobones

11-speed eTap is in demand on eBay, so you should be able to sell locally and not have to worry about international shipping. I sold my rim brake etap kit last year for more than it cost to replace with new AXS!

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Ebay are psyho. They charge me 160 Euro for cutting my advert!
I was forced as the shipping prices was wrong from the shipper.
Yeah, 3 phone calls later they said, oh very sorry for not being able to ship your product box at all.
It is too large we realise!
I had to go for another shippers which cost way more (DHL, UPS, FEDEX)
Not being able to change original sales info was a bad idea from Ebays form.
I am so pissed i suspended my account since 20 years.
No more Ebay for me.
Shitshow company!!!
160 Euro for listing 5 days and no real people in our country to call and sort things.
Incredible... No real auction are as bad as this.
I hope i can block Ebay from charging.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

+1 for PinkBike. It's funny you see the same stuff as on eBay (same seller), only a lower price because PB doesn't gouge you like eBay.
Plus eBay keeps getting worse with every change, whether "look and feel" or functionality. Now takes several clicks to do the same as one used to.

micky

by micky

With the high request of good bike parts, even local second hand markets like FB or similar, it's an easy sell.

Maddie

by Maddie

wheelsONfire wrote:Ebay are psyho. They charge me 160 Euro for cutting my advert!
Yeah, 3 phone calls later they said, oh very sorry for not being able to ship your product box at all.
No more Ebay for me.
Shitshow company!!!
160 Euro for listing 5 days and no real people in our country to call and sort things.
It looks like it's the first time you're selling something on Ebay. I question their pricing policy too, but you could have avoided your situation if you informed yourself before placing your auction.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Maddie wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:34 am
wheelsONfire wrote:Ebay are psyho. They charge me 160 Euro for cutting my advert!
No more Ebay for me.
Shitshow company!!!
It looks like it's the first time you're selling something on Ebay. I question their pricing policy too, but you could have avoided your situation if you informed yourself before placing your auction.
Yes and horrible. Far to many problems as default settings are for USA.
That kind of shipping option doesn't apply here.
My listing got wrong because i got wrong info from our post office. They got weight, size and managed to gize me prices for EU and down to Africa.
It seemed to cheap, so i called in one day later and sure it was all good. Still called two days later. Then they told me, sorry that we can't even handle your box. You need to be a registered company. Your box is to long (circumference is length and width (as these two make for the largest circumference) then you must add length again. That makes a box at 59*40*40 (L*W*D) really long (257cm). Maximum is 200cm.

So i had to find an option and got into a sight using all big, Fedex, UPS, DHL etc.
This is were things took off. Suddenly shipping was from 170 euro + (EU pending of distance ) and then 250 euro to USA.
Ebay didn't allow a correction but just updates. I want things to be correct, it looked messy with several updates and i thought, crap i must kill this advert and make a new with correct shipping info from scratch. BUT, if EBAY like all other web sights i've seen (i am 49 in two months) allowed user to actually change the information to correct, instead of just adding lots of updates. In my case it was two faulty infos and there i was!!
YES, Maddie, you are dead on correct. I did not read through that text. I never do. It is way to much and no place i have even used have been this complicated.
I have bought and sold crap for much as i have been dabbling with sound systems where one component cost 10000 USD and have had a system at 72 000 Euro.
I have bough and sold stuff and have been working with companies asking them to convert stuff to our standards here.
I have had rebuilt motorcycles where the custom work is more costly than the bike itself.
I've done shitloads of stupid things when it comes to hobbies.
NEVER have i seen a sales sight not allowing you to talk to someone and change the info to a correct info.
Never have i been told to pay 160 Euro when i have received ZERO service/ no help what so ever.
Even no i got clipped of at Ebay service center. I got to do it twice and second dude also shut it down.
Honestly, i get really pissed off at that.
When i had issues with Paypal, i contacted a service center talking my main language.
They sorted it because they actually were honest and behaved like a human not answering me like a robot.

Ebay as huge as it is, is lacking big time IMO.
And yes, for me all this info Ebay have is not something i could call easy access. Too much policies for small changes. It's more a mess than made to be simple.
They obviously had received my response and it caused a stirr i was told (reading between the lines)
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

kode54

by kode54

The eBay fees are turning me away from that platform. Fees after fees add up and sometimes, it just doesn’t pay to sell it on eBay. No more sense in getting rid of unused things while you get chipped away by multiple fees.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

eins4eins

by eins4eins

wheelsONfire wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:26 pm
Maddie wrote:
No more Ebay for me.
Shitshow company!!!
My listing got wrong because i got wrong info from our post office. They got weight, size and managed to gize me prices for EU and down to Africa.
It seemed to cheap, so i called in one day later and sure it was all good. Still called two days later. Then they told me, sorry that we can't even handle your box. You need to be a registered company. Your box is to long (circumference is length and width (as these two make for the largest circumference) then you must add length again. That makes a box at 59*40*40 (L*W*D) really long (257cm). Maximum is 200cm.
This i called Gurtmaß and its a normal standard for transportation services. The employee in the office should have known, but its no secret and you coud've easily found out yourself.

Same for the ebay regulations. You accepted their terms & conditions, made use of their platform. Its not their fault you didn't read what you signed up for.

RazorL

by RazorL

Before brexit i used to buy alot of bike stuff of ebay.uk buth as i am based in Belgium it's not that favorable any more.
Maybe flanders is "the home of cycling" buth 2ndhand bike parts are still very expensive here.
You mostly can not find bike frames or groupsets here. Complete bikes you can find buth sometimes with absurd price tags.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

RazorL wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:09 am
Before brexit i used to buy alot of bike stuff of ebay.uk buth as i am based in Belgium it's not that favorable any more.
Maybe flanders is "the home of cycling" buth 2ndhand bike parts are still very expensive here.
You mostly can not find bike frames or groupsets here. Complete bikes you can find buth sometimes with absurd price tags.
I also used to buy from UK, but as you say, since brexit it's to expensive.
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

eins4eins wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:26 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:26 pm
Maddie wrote:
No more Ebay for me.
Shitshow company!!!
This i called Gurtmaß and its a normal standard for transportation services. The employee in the office should have known, but its no secret and you coud've easily found out yourself.

Same for the ebay regulations. You accepted their terms & conditions, made use of their platform. Its not their fault you didn't read what you signed up for.
You are right!
It's not their fault, but i could never imagine someone could apply this absurd way.
Now i know better...
However, all my decisiveness caught their attention and matter is sorted.
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

daneferrari

by daneferrari

Omiar wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:20 pm
Facebook Marketplace?
Unfortunately, it is not very developed in various countries where there are local marketplace sites, such as in Eastern Europe. Perhaps there is a resource listing all these marketplaces, the author would find it useful

daneferrari

by daneferrari

daneferrari wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 7:36 am
Omiar wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:20 pm
Facebook Marketplace?
Unfortunately, it is not very developed in various countries where there are local marketplace site, such as in Eastern Europe. Perhaps there is a resource listing all these marketplaces, the author would find it useful
Here, I found one of them, you can try it:

https://www.webretailer.com/marketplace ... ketplaces/
Last edited by daneferrari on Thu May 18, 2023 2:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Aryeh

by Aryeh

eBay has the most buyers but they are charging 13% fee these days. It hurts.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

polpy

by polpy

Aryeh wrote:eBay has the most buyers but they are charging 13% fee these days. It hurts.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Ebay Germany has no fees anymore for private sellers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com