2023 Pro thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

magnusss

by magnusss

spartan wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 4:50 pm
sram F***** garbage looks like roglic lost the giro using sram 1x.
That didn’t age well :roll:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maquisard

by maquisard

Roglic just did a Pogacar, and Thomas just did a Roglic...

otnemem

by otnemem

Welcome to the Upside Down. Holy feck.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

The pointless sram marketing stunt that almost cost Roglic the Giro LOL

ichobi

by ichobi

Thomas took forever to change that helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

I guess Rog really was peaking for the last week! Storming ride really, would have been what, a minute ahead without the mechanical?

(I have seen people DQ'd for being pushed by member of the public before, can't imagine that happening here though)
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Bravo73

by Bravo73

ichobi wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 5:48 pm
Thomas took forever to change that helmet.
Not 30+ seconds though!

Chapeau to Roglic but it really didn’t look like G had his legs for today. He looked head down & broken for most of the climb (whilst others seemed to be sprinting up parts of it).
2011 S-Works Tarmac SL3 (ex-Team Highroad)
2023 Canyon Aeroad CF SLX

maquisard

by maquisard

Yeah, the final third Thomas seemed to blow up and was just surviving.

Miller

by Miller

G didn't look great today, I'm sad for him. Still 2nd on stage. I think Roglic lost very little time with that mechanical, indeed he would have had an adrenalin hit. His low gear worked well for him otherwise. What a shame this giro was so afflicted with rain, it came alive when the sun came out. And I wonder what Remco makes of it all - probably thinks he would have won by a mile.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Bravo73 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 6:02 pm
He looked head down & broken for most of the climb (whilst others seemed to be sprinting up parts of it).
How many others? G did come second on the stage...

But yes, he lost all the time on the climb and you could say he maybe went a touch too hard on the flat, but chapeau to Roglic he was just the best guy today. I don't think any kind of pacing decisions would have saved G from that.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

robbosmans wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 5:37 pm
The pointless sram marketing stunt that almost cost Roglic the Giro LOL
weeeell... I'm not so sure anymore. this setup allowed for a pretty Lance-ish/Froomish cadence that apparently was the key today. Thomas looked like he had too hard gears and couldn't maintain the right rhythm :noidea:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Miller wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 6:25 pm
G didn't look great today, I'm sad for him. Still 2nd on stage. I think Roglic lost very little time with that mechanical, indeed he would have had an adrenalin hit. His low gear worked well for him otherwise. What a shame this giro was so afflicted with rain, it came alive when the sun came out. And I wonder what Remco makes of it all - probably thinks he would have won by a mile.
the GC rivalry was also 'marked' by that very TT - had it been earlier in the race we would've seen a lot more "racing" afterwards. but with that stage looming they were just saving themselves

would Remco match Rog today? I don't now if anyone would, maybe Pog or Vin on their top game?
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Just some smaller front chainrings would give the exact same result

ave

by ave

First of all: F********** SRAM. That's it. I never liked them, but I'll never buy anything from that bunch of *******s. I hope I can keep this promise.

But Roglic is still Roglic. ***** amazing!! What a Giro this turned out to be!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bmrk

by bmrk

Miller wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 6:25 pm
He lost 19 seconds. Which makes the result even more impressive.
Also just before dropping the chain he had ditched the radio, so he went up after the mechanical with no information about where he was regarding the time... crazy