2023 Pro thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

OnTheRivet wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:50 pm
tymon_tm wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:30 pm
the fastest Ronde in history - 44,1 kmh. won by a climber ;D
To be fair none of that speed was because of him, he was literally on the front for 15k of a 260k race. The teams are faster which is logical as the cycling talent pool gets deeper every year.
I'll just leave here a gentle *lol*...
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

UpFromOne wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:07 pm
they should cast Pog's balls in bronze and put them next to TB's legs.
😂😂😂👌
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

flying

by flying

That was an awesome Flanders. :shock: :thumbup: :beerchug:

Was anyone else yelling at the camera bike in front of MVDP between last two climbs? :lol:

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

What about DSM blocking the road at sub-walking speed on one climb? :mrgreen: It was quite funny, lame but funny. Not quite sure what their plan was, I thought they would have one guy attack and keep blocking but no, they all went only to fade into nothingness, it served absolutely no purpose apart from annoying everyone else and maybe get a few seconds of TV time.

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

flying wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:23 pm
That was an awesome Flanders. :shock: :thumbup: :beerchug:

Was anyone else yelling at the camera bike in front of MVDP between last two climbs? :lol:
Yes, had his derny with him apparently. This seems to happen more and more lately, as an aside, why are there so many photographers on motorcycles. How can there possibly be a market for that many still photos?

maquisard

by maquisard

It is rare you see Pogacar look tired, in the post race interview he looked completely f**ked!

A great edition of the race. Very enjoyable

ave

by ave

This sort of domination is not something I like. :)

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

ave wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:50 pm
This sort of domination is not something I like. :)
I like Pog... but yeah I wont be wanting him to win the TDF
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

LOWIEV

by LOWIEV

Miller wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:11 pm
tymon_tm wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:22 pm
"Pog is handicaped riding Colnago" - Tom Boonen
That's aged well...
you do know that it wasn't Tom Boonen who said that, but Dirk De Wolf... :noidea:

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

LOWIEV wrote:
Miller wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:11 pm
tymon_tm wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:22 pm
"Pog is handicaped riding Colnago" - Tom Boonen
That's aged well...
you do know that it wasn't Tom Boonen who said that, but Dirk De Wolf... :noidea:
To be fair he agreed with it publicly. Neither of them looks very clever in hindsight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MichaelK

by MichaelK

Somebody once said "it's not about the bike" :wink:

Feel like Pog would've won that on any bike from the peloton.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

You guys do realize that just because he's winning on that Colnago doesn't mean that "he's handicapped by that Colnago" can't be true, right? It is possible that both of those things can be true.... It is possible that the bike isn't the best, but that his natural abilities and talent allow him to overcome them and still win. It is possible that he'd be winning more and be more dominant if he was on something else.

I have ridden with and talked with a former pro that was on a team that rode the V2 and he did not have nice things to say about that bike... said it was the worst bike he had to ride as a pro. This came up because I was having a conversation with him about pros and their bikes. I asked him if pro riders got excited or even cared about the bikes they got to ride, or did they simply view them as a tool and it didn't really matter. He basically said, for the most part, he didn't care.. he was fine to ride any bike, except when he was on team XYZ. The bike was horrible. I wouldn't ride it again. I also asked him if he had kept any bikes that meant something special to him... notable wins, etc. He had won a stage of the Vuelta... he said he no longer had the bike and kind of regretted it now. He also said that one team he had been on, had given him a special bike due to a national championship he had won... he no longer had that either and regretted it.

guyc

by guyc

Great - so from a sample size of one person who didn't like a totally different bike we can extrapolate that and assume.......nothing.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

guyc wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:15 pm
Great - so from a sample size of one person who didn't like a totally different bike we can extrapolate that and assume.......nothing.
NO not at all... that's not what I'm saying. I'm just offering another data point. No where did I say it was an end all, be all. It was also the V2... not the current V4RS. Maybe that feedback on the V2 was taken and the V3 and V4RS has been improved because of it. This is a thread for discussion, we are all just sharing data from a sample size of one person.

guyc

by guyc

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:21 pm
guyc wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:15 pm
NO not at all... that's not what I'm saying. I'm just offering another data point. No where did I say it was an end all, be all. It was also the V2... not the current V4RS. Maybe that feedback on the V2 was taken and the V3 and V4RS has been improved because of it. This is a thread for discussion, we are all just sharing data from a sample size of one person.
Fair point - my apoplogies if I misread it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com