2023 Pro thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

pastronef

by pastronef

eins4eins wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:33 am
according to a B&B rider cavendish didn't want to ride a KTM bike so this deal fell through. In the same context it was mentioned that there were chances for the team to continue, but Pineau was the problem.
not true, B&B riders were already riding their 2023 BMC bikes, the KTM deal ended this year. Cav already rode BMC on the road and on the track with DimensionData

Mocs123

by Mocs123

I realize riders may have a preference for brand X or brand Y but in the end, they are getting paid to ride brand Z, so you think they'd ride whatever. I mean even the "worst" World Tour bike is a fine machine.
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C36

by C36

An interesting / mind blowing interview from Cordon-Ragot on the BnB saga where it seems quite clear that the Pinot brothers didn't played clean with the riders (in case there was a doubt) https://www-letelegramme-fr.translate.g ... r_pto=wapp

That's not the first time I hear comments where BnB management tried to throw riders under the bus for their problems, heard few stuff on Cav, here seems they tried to do the same for Cordon...

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

ASO announced the 2023 Tour Wildcards today. Lotto-Dstny and TotalÉnergies were already assured an entry so there are only two invites: Israel - Premier Tech and Uno-X...

Great to see Uno-X finally get some opportunities, they didn't get much invites in the last few years but in the races they did, I thought they punched above their weight IMO, they sure would have brought more to the 2022 Tour than B&B did.

Konsi

by Konsi

Dan Gerous wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:57 pm
ASO announced the 2023 Tour Wildcards today. Lotto-Dstny and TotalÉnergies were already assured an entry so there are only two invites: Israel - Premier Tech and Uno-X...

Great to see Uno-X finally get some opportunities, they didn't get much invites in the last few years but in the races they did, I thought they punched above their weight IMO, they sure would have brought more to the 2022 Tour than B&B did.
So does that mean Cav to Uno-X or IPT after all?

iankovski

by iankovski

What do you guys think about the Tour de Tietema team?

C36

by C36

All the teams have now presented their kits and we saw some presentation pictures with questionable looks (Koga bike and initial new Look xxxl pictures).
In the meantime the female team FDJ-Suez kills it with amazing pictures of an already very nice kit quite another level!
From their twitter https://twitter.com/FDJ_SUEZ?s=20&t=-lJ ... jPBazEHA8w

Last edited by C36 on Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

C36 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:37 pm
All the teams have now presented their kits and we saw some presentation pictures with questionable looks (Koga bike and initial new Look xxxl pictures).
In the mes time the female team FDJ-Suez kills it with amazing pictures of an already very nice kit quite another level!

Jersey looks a bit bunched up in the second pic. ;)

The Xelius SL is a wonderful looking bike in small-medium sizes. I almost considered importing one despite my unreasonable stance on BB86.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Konsi wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:57 pm
Dan Gerous wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:57 pm

So does that mean Cav to Uno-X or IPT after all?
They don't need him no more! :mrgreen:

PeytonM

by PeytonM

Agree the fdj womens bike and kit is really well down.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

MvdP having back issues again is worrying

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

robbosmans wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:55 pm
MvdP having back issues again is worrying
Apparently his father had unresolved back issues throughout his career.
So a genetic component of some kind?
But you'd think physio today is so much better.
Hopefully it's just water on a fireball and won't limit his potential.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Let’s hope it, because seeing WVA riding alone at the head of the race is kinda boring

ichobi

by ichobi

The hell is the deal with Cav? It's just really weird. It's past January 1st and not a team nor him make an annoucement.
May be he's bidding for time to see if IPT gets the invite to the tour? IPT certainly is not short on money nor full on roster. Vino wants Cav anyways, so Astana is a safe choice, but i doubt Cav want to go there if he has other option.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Would Israel - Premier Tech be more likely to get a TdF invite if Cav was already on the team? I.e., TdF organizers wanting Cav in the tour?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com