Outside Inc layoffs

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

angryasian

by angryasian

And Amy Jones, but yeah, a skeleton crew at best.
James Huang
Soon-to-be something-or-other at EscapeCollective.cc

seventyseven

by seventyseven

angryasian wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:51 pm
And Amy Jones, but yeah, a skeleton crew at best.
All the respect and appreciation for the effort you (and also Ronan) have put in, and continue to put in, over the years. I'm a big tech nerd at heart so even if CT is just you guys doing tech pieces and reviews, I'd still drop by to see what's new. Hope everything works out in the end.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maquisard

by maquisard

Ronan now gone as well.

Essentially no one left except for Shoddy Dave and James.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

*f##k* Outside tbh. They could have spent a minimum amount of effort in an attempt to sell or spin-off CT. They didn't.

seventyseven

by seventyseven

Latest developments, last night Wade Wallace basically annouced he was re-launching CT with Caley Fretz, all-but-in-name.

Today, "A New CyclingTips Platform Is Coming" and the forums have been shuttered.

And one last shout-out to James who is STILL knocking out some damn fine content under this cloud of bullshitery.

maquisard

by maquisard

Good luck to Wade and Caley, I will be subscribing to their new site.

CyclingTips is dead, as is Velonews.

jever98

by jever98

Bravo to Wade and Caley! I hope they get a lot of the great writers back together and find new good ones. Also hope that James will move over to them - fingers crossed!
----
No longer in the industry

citrusparty

by citrusparty

Hoping the new venture turns out as well as Defector has after the Deadspin exodus

Arph

by Arph

Just noticed that the forums have been gutted to (or is this part of the infrastructure transfer ? One can hope).

That is just so much disrespect to paying customers...

C36

by C36

I was surprised it lasted that long. I didn’t spend time posting, just read some friends active there but last weeks was 90% bitching (rightfully) on layoff and how to cancel subscription and how old were the articles.

Now it was a very good forum platform, not sure who was behind it but I would love WW to use it .

Arph

by Arph

It was a very good place to discuss everything cycling, until the changes at CT became the only discussion topic.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

seventyseven wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:18 pm
Latest developments, last night Wade Wallace basically annouced he was re-launching CT with Caley Fretz, all-but-in-name.

Today, "A New CyclingTips Platform Is Coming" and the forums have been shuttered.

And one last shout-out to James who is STILL knocking out some damn fine content under this cloud of bullshitery.
I hope things work out and it seems like it will. That is why a good layoff may be what a really good employee needs to take the next step in life.

I know, I've been fired more times than quit and every single time, it worked out very very well for me. I hope my current boss does not fire me. By far, he is the best one I have ever had. One of the perks when you open your own business.

glepore

by glepore

Hey James-good luck in whatever you're doing from here on. Dumpster fires suck.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

wooger

by wooger

C36 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:07 pm
Now it was a very good forum platform, not sure who was behind it but I would love WW to use it Image.
It was exactly the same platform that the trainerroad forum uses, which is https://www.discourse.org/

C36

by C36

wooger wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:15 pm
C36 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:07 pm
Now it was a very good forum platform, not sure who was behind it but I would love WW to use it Image.
It was exactly the same platform that the trainerroad forum uses, which is https://www.discourse.org/
Thanks, I had curiosity to know who was behind it. I have no idea how much current forum cost / month neither if a migration of more than 15 years of post would be possible but that would be a great upgrade :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com