Trivial cycling things annoy me?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kbbpll

by kbbpll

Bike names. Just this morning I got a Wrench Science email touting the Scylon, KOKO, Oltre RC, and Filante SLR. I guess "oltre" sort of makes sense, meaning "beyond", but "filante"? Spinning a thread? I suppose the bike industry has to keep up with the weird car names. Very trivial...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

Im not affiliated to Wilier in any way (but if Wilier is willing, my arms are open..), but I think you could tranlate it with "smooth"; when in Italian we say something "fila" means that it goes like butter or something among these lines.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

kbbpll wrote:Bike names. Just this morning I got a Wrench Science email touting the Scylon, KOKO, Oltre RC, and Filante SLR. I guess "oltre" sort of makes sense, meaning "beyond", but "filante"? Spinning a thread? I suppose the bike industry has to keep up with the weird car names. Very trivial...
Filante as an adjective means streamlined, according to Google translate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJS914

by AJS914

The bike over the head thing that has invaded pro cycling bugs me. Where did that come from? Triathalon?