Dominican Republic bike hire possibilities

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

toride

by toride

I’m thinking of looking for a good road bike to hire whilst on hols in the Dom Rep, well also any thoughts or advice on this idea ?
Possibly staying in the Punta Cana area
:beerchug:

nickf

by nickf

Dunno if I would be cycling in DR especially Punta Cana. I was there just before rona hit and there is no way I would be cycling on those roads. Very sketchy areas also. I'm not a fear monger but that was my initial thoughts while I was in and around that area.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

toride

by toride

I’ve since done some research and I’ve come close to that very same opinion my friend.. but thanks 🙏🏼

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Not entirely sure how much you looked into the entire island. But if you did go you would be better off heading inland (central) and staying near the mountains like Constanza. There is some excellent climbing and beautiful areas out there. Riding the coast isn't terrible in some areas either.
Just ride ..

toride

by toride

Cheers Adam
I have a month before we go so I’ll do some more research in those areas.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

:thumbup:
Just ride ..

Berzin1

by Berzin1

If you don't know anyone who is a serious rider, I would suggest you just enjoy your vacation without the cycling.

If you do, maybe you could get a rider to lend out his bike for a few pesos. But renting a road bike? Even if it were possible I would not. You'd be easy to set up, then you'd have to pay in cash for a bike that will miraculously reappear once you are gone.

Constanza has some tremendously gorgous climbs, but remember to pack a pair of wings and a harp just in case you round a tight downhill bend and are met with the last thing you'll ever see-the front of a truck coming straight at you at full speed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com