Road bike + trailer + power metre

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Singular

by Singular

Conza wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:19 pm

Right. But weight is important when tracking power to weight ratio?

If I am 68kg w/ power stats, then attach trailer + kid = adding 20kg? more; unless I update the weight - won't my power to weight be off?

Nopes. You are still putting out the same power - you are more or less just riding a very heavy and slow bike. A watt is a watt. You are still tracking your power in comparison to your own (body-)weight.

mcfarton

by mcfarton

I put a trailer on my 3000$ road bike and was nervous to leave it outside stores ect. I got a 600$ urban hybrid bike. I more comfortable for all of those activities. I sold it for 450$? I think. Totally worth it.

People drive like crazy in my area. Me playing in traffic is one thing. Thinking that it is safe to put a baby behind me is another thing to me. Everyone has different opinions.

All of our rides eventually evolved into playground trips or food spots. It wasn’t about the ride it was the destination. Then they wanted to get in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mcfarton

by mcfarton

Oh and full fenders are what you need. Keep from throwing rocks are your little ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iamraymond

by iamraymond

I would recommend against using the BMC to pull the trailer unless you have the ALR. I have an SLR01 Disc (UDi2 just like you) but with a 50/34 and an 11-34 cassette. Normally, I pull our a Thule Cheetah 2 trailer with my steel bike, but on vacation once I used my BMC using a Thule thru-axle. During that ride I could hear some creaking with every pedal stroke that made me super uncomfortable. I don't know if the creaking was from the thru axle to trailer connection, or from stresses on the frame. Nevertheless it was enough to put me off from using the BMC as a tractor again. Using a steel, alloy or titanium frame would be a better option.

Exar

by Exar

I use the SingleTrailer on my carbon Orbea Oiz with a dropper post, and on my carbon road bike with a carbon seat post. Zero problems in thousands of kilometers. I did get an alloy post (a Thomson) for my cx/gravel bike who will be performing tractor duty in the winter months.
Chains to the right!

Conza

by Conza

Hi team,

Thoughts on this - instead of road bike etc. used with bike trailer: https://www.99bikes.com.au/norco-searc ... rey-2020-1

SKU 20NorcoSearchXRS1WarmGrey
Season 2020
Click & Collect Yes
Wheel Size 700c
Frame Material Chromoly
Fork Material Carbon
Colour Grey
Groupset Brand Shimano
Groupset Shimano GRX
Rear Gears 11 Speed
Front Gears Double
Brake Type Hydraulic Disc Brake
Bottom Bracket Easton PressFit BB86
Brakes Hydraulic Disc Brake
Brake Levers Shimano GRX RX600 Hydraulic
Cassette Shimano CS-HG700 11-34T
Chain Shimano CS-HG700 11-34T
Crankset Easton EA90 46/30T
Derailleur Front Shimano 105 FD-R7000
Derailleur Rear Shimano GRX RD-RX810
Fork Search XR Mid-Modulus Carbon
Frame Search Reynolds 725 Chromoly Steel
Grips Norco Griptacular Shockproof
Handlebar Easton EA70 AX Aluminum, 16deg Flare
Headset FSA 44mm Cartridge Bearing
Hubs F: Sealed Bearing 12x100mm TA R: Sealed Bearing w/Alloy Freehub 12x142mm TA
Pedals Not Included
Rims WTB ST Light i23 TCS 2.0, Tubeless Ready
Saddle Norco SL Race, Cromo Rails
Seatpost X-Fusion Manic Gravel 50mm Dropper, Drop-Bar Remote
Stem Norco SL Aluminum - Custom Painted
Spokes Sapim Race Butted, Black, Black Brass Nipples
Shifters Shimano GRX RX600 Hydraulic
Tyres WTB Resolute TCS 700x42c, Tubeless Compatible System, Tanwall
Speeds 2 x 11

$1,000 off atm.
It's all about the adventure :o .

HeluvaSkier

by HeluvaSkier

Conza wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:00 pm
Hi team,

Thoughts on this - instead of road bike etc. used with bike trailer: https://www.99bikes.com.au/norco-searc ... rey-2020-1
That's the go-anywhere type of bike I'd gravitate toward. Solid. Durable. Versatile. Comfortable. If you want to be closer to road performance, just upgrade to a set of deep, wide carbon tubless wheels. It will be a killer tow bike regardless.