Bike24 order times

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Anyone else ordered anything from 24 lately and noticed the DHL German postal is moving slower than a turtle up Alpe D'huez?
I placed an order on Aug 30, and it still hasnt even left Germany for Canada.. I contacted 24 about it, usually I noted they usually ship every 2 weeks to Canada on Tuesdays, last Tuesday passed and there was nothing.. 24 told me DHL said "They have 30 days to deliver it.. it was only after I got on 24s case as to what was taking so long that there was a tracking update.. basically the after 2 weeks Ive been thrown in the bin to send to Canada scan... Im guessing it will take another 2 weeks for it to arrive... Don't order anything you need from them if you are in a rush.. I could paddled across the Atlantic faster than the mail moves...

blaugrana

by blaugrana

Not really, but I'm ordering from Spain, so it's obviously a different story. Actually they recently made the DHL express shipping option free for orders over a certain amount (100€ I think), which is actually quite incredible. 24h shipping times for international orders within Europe without paying a lot of money is actually quite exceptional, and I haven't experienced delays the couple of times I've ordered recently with this service.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

blaugrana wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:09 am
Not really, but I'm ordering from Spain, so it's obviously a different story. Actually they recently made the DHL express shipping option free for orders over a certain amount (100€ I think), which is actually quite incredible. 24h shipping times for international orders within Europe without paying a lot of money is actually quite exceptional, and I haven't experienced delays the couple of times I've ordered recently with this service.
Yes.. the ones coming from Spain (Chainreaction) for example, use the actual DHL Express.. Ive ordered wheels from there and had them in Canada and riding them 3 days after I ordered them... as much as bike24 says they use DHL, its the brutally slow DHL postal system.. I had it figured at one point they shipped to Canada every 2 weeks, so you got lucky and made the shipment, or your stuff waited.. mine now missed both of the Tuesdays I figured it would ship.. it wasnt even logged in the system as a tracking number.. it took me emailing bike24 to give them a poke to find out what was going on.. they said they would contact dhl postal, and funny next day there is a new tracking update, so someone clearly messed up on the postal side.. but now its a matter of which Tuesday of the cycle am I on.. it could leave this Tuesday, or I could be waiting another 10 days for it to even ship.. so Im looking at another Id guess 10-20 days before getting it... pretty bad when my shipping costs for $90 canadian and it hasnt even left... chainreaction was $30 to ship a set of wheels express... in the end I should have just paid the extra $100 and ordered the crap from elsewhere and had my bike built and riding it...now I watch daylight slowly fade away...

Roel W

by Roel W

They are slower then most other webshops but still acceptable: 1 full week to Belgium.
I don't care because the webshop is very big (many many items you won't find on other webshops) and prices are low.
The tracking system doesn't work very well: parcels are many days 'in transit' and suddenly the doorbell rings to deiver your parcel.

Ypuh

by Ypuh

Bike24 has been my go-to store for years now. Haven't noticed much difference. The postal carrier might take an extra day, but it usually arrives here in 3-4 days (i.e. 1 day for Bike24 to prepare the order and 2-3 days for DHL).
Cervelo S3 - 7.3kg
Time ADHX - 8.7kg

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Yeah..24 is not at fault at all.. it's the DHL postal system..they only ship every few weeks to Canada on an air Canada flight to Toronto.. there's always a false left destination country scan..all that scan means is it's been tossed in the shipping container.. then you sit and wait...

LouisN

by LouisN

I often order from 24 and I'm in Canada.
It's usually taking 2 weeks to arrive.
I ordered a DtSwiss rear hub on sept 2nd and it arrived today.
But often it take 3 or 4 weeks.
I don't really care, rarely in a hurry.
Louis :)

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

LouisN wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:56 am
I often order from 24 and I'm in Canada.
It's usually taking 2 weeks to arrive.
I ordered a DtSwiss rear hub on sept 2nd and it arrived today.
But often it take 3 or 4 weeks.
I don't really care, rarely in a hurry.
Louis :)
Funny.. I ordered before you Aug 30... and mine hasn't even left there..clearly a f up on the postal system... I'm in a rush to get a bike built... Never fails...

nismosr

by nismosr

im in east coast US .. usually 2 weeks in my experience .
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

ordered a crankset and they shipped it - with a tracking #. 4 days later I get "package was undeliverable - it's being returned by the carrier. It never left Germany. No response to my inquiries since. I told them to refund me and I ordered elsewhere.
Speedplay is the devil!

de zwarten

by de zwarten

Ordered around 17th of September (weekend) and parts arrived 22nd (in Belgium). I didn't check the tracking as I have never had to wait longer than a week.
Just to say that bike24 still delivers, as long as the package service company does its job...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kervelo

by kervelo

Bike24 is one of my favourite stores. They usually have fast deliveries: if I make an order on Monday, it will be delivered to my house door before the next weekend. A couple of times I have used their Express delivery and had the order delivered the day after I made it.