Bib shorts - longer leg lengths

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

User avatar
micky
Posts: 5620
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Vicenza
Contact:

by micky

Image

User avatar
micky
Posts: 5620
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Vicenza
Contact:

by micky

flying wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:08 am
Hi Micky
I recently tried a Gobik Pacer LS Jersey & like it so want to also try their bibs

Have you tried which model? I am looking at Absolute & Limited
Both have same pad but i guess limited is slightly shorter?

Which have you tried & it seems you like it overall yes?

Thanks
The bibs I tried were called Absolute and there wasn't the Limited yet in the catalogue.
As far as I can see, they used the straps that were originally in the Absolute into the Limited.
Indeed the straps were the only tiny critic I would have as the elastic had holes into them which were sometime scratching my skin (no base layer in summer days) but this is very personal problem.
Other than that, fabric was good, pad was not super but good as well as design overall.
And it lasted a very long time.

As said above Im 174 and the M size was knee long.

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



User avatar
robbosmans
Moderator
Posts: 2330
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:40 pm
Location: Central Belgium
Contact:

by robbosmans

The problem is the smaller sizes, a medium always is a couple of cm’s longer. But for us tall skinny folks that have to wear a s they are way to short

User avatar
Juanmoretime
Administrator
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:08 am

by Juanmoretime

I wear a large in most brands so the jersey length and bib legs are long enough. I’m not that big at 149 lbs or 71 kg and 6’ or 183 cm tall. It fits tight enough that its not a wind catcher.

User avatar
Juanmoretime
Administrator
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:08 am

by Juanmoretime

I wear a large in most brands so the jersey length and bib legs are long enough. I’m not that big at 149 lbs or 71 kg and 6’ or 183 cm tall. It fits tight enough that its not a wind catcher.

User avatar
seamaster76
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:54 pm
Location: Italy
Contact:

by seamaster76

micky wrote:Can I ask what size you use?
Im 174/64 and use an M size and it aint short like the Rapha long version.

Give a try to Gobik.
182cm/78kg currently wearing a Rapha M bib in “long version”.

I rate it absolutely long, don’t know how it might be short for you.

flying
Posts: 2780
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:16 am

by flying

micky wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:56 am
flying wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:08 am
Hi Micky
I recently tried a Gobik Pacer LS Jersey & like it so want to also try their bibs

Have you tried which model? I am looking at Absolute & Limited
Both have same pad but i guess limited is slightly shorter?

Which have you tried & it seems you like it overall yes?

Thanks
The bibs I tried were called Absolute and there wasn't the Limited yet in the catalogue.
As far as I can see, they used the straps that were originally in the Absolute into the Limited.
Indeed the straps were the only tiny critic I would have as the elastic had holes into them which were sometime scratching my skin (no base layer in summer days) but this is very personal problem.
Other than that, fabric was good, pad was not super but good as well as design overall.
And it lasted a very long time.

As said above Im 174 and the M size was knee long.
Thanks Micky
I did get a response from Gobik too
Limited is 2cm shorter
Absolute has more compression
Straps as you said are different
Front panels on Absolute is more breathable vs Limited looks more glossy (not textured)

User avatar
micky
Posts: 5620
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Vicenza
Contact:

by micky

seamaster76 wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:39 pm
182cm/78kg currently wearing a Rapha M bib in “long version”.

I rate it absolutely long, don’t know how it might be short for you.
Image

User avatar
seamaster76
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:54 pm
Location: Italy
Contact:

by seamaster76

micky wrote:
seamaster76 wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:39 pm
182cm/78kg currently wearing a Rapha M bib in “long version”.

I rate it absolutely long, don’t know how it might be short for you.
Image
I’ll share a picture of me wearing them.

flying
Posts: 2780
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:16 am

by flying

seamaster76 wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:23 pm
I’ll share a picture of me wearing them.
Not unless you make your Strava public :thumbup:
This Account Is Private
You'll need to follow Alex to see their profile. Send a request now.

User avatar
seamaster76
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:54 pm
Location: Italy
Contact:

by seamaster76

flying wrote:
seamaster76 wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:23 pm
I’ll share a picture of me wearing them.
Not unless you make your Strava public :thumbup:
This Account Is Private
You'll need to follow Alex to see their profile. Send a request now.
No bib pictures in my Strava profile ImageImageImage

Image

flying
Posts: 2780
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:16 am

by flying

seamaster76 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:14 pm
flying wrote:
seamaster76 wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:23 pm
I’ll share a picture of me wearing them.
Not unless you make your Strava public :thumbup:
This Account Is Private
You'll need to follow Alex to see their profile. Send a request now.
No bib pictures in my Strava profile ImageImageImage
Hahah misread your previous post


romanmoser
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun May 06, 2018 8:30 pm

by romanmoser

robbosmans wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:01 am
The problem is the smaller sizes, a medium always is a couple of cm’s longer. But for us tall skinny folks that have to wear a s they are way to short

I get even worse for us tall skinny folks ( 1m88 65 66 kgs )
Rapha , MAAP , assos XS bibs and jersey
I am not that skinny , a bit of muscule up and down
But float leg ass wise in SMall size

The rapha pro team 2 are not great, too many sewing, not enough technical qualities, pads thick but too soft and sag easily and fast. The long versions isnt that long. And the straps arent' elastic and too floppy. HArd pass

ENdura pro sl are nice, good grippers, but they get up and make folds with leg warmers ( as all do for me ) , very long, quite compressive, not expensive, made in china but good quality overall. Pad is good not great , come up enough back and front. Several pad widhts avalaible. Not sewing on the legs parts is nice.

MAap xs inseam is a bit short dus leg length suffer, and pad could be closer to the skin , they have a weird tunnel in the middle of the chamois pad
That accentuate pressure on the ulnar nerve for me. What is that design FFS.... My first one the evo team bib 210 euros full price, had it at 50% in sales at my local bike shop. The sewing went off just up my dick after first wash in a closed protective mesh filet and 30degrees celsius, then at the back on the tight . Cut it and ask my mum to fix it. Now seems to not move anymore. They send me a new one under warranty for free thus. 100 euros for 2 bibs then. Ok nice? But quality control could be better. And I don't find it that high end. Another instagram brand ? Well not just that but a bit yes. They seems to use eco stuff from what they say.

Will try assso gto long ones. The RS9 I tried was so short it looked like I had a swimming boxer short. For the price they shouldn't have stopped several leg options. I know it is a bit more work fabrication and stock wise but for so much $$$$$ make the effort

Still looking for the one

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



AW84
Posts: 195
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:04 am

by AW84

I can, begrudgingly, recommend La Passione. I've been a longtime customer of theirs and knew my sizing, but for some odd reason, their most recent bibs got at least half a size smaller (thus the begrudging part), except for the legs, which are now so long that they partially cover my kneecaps and have to be pulled up. And I have really long legs for my height, so that's saying something. It all frustrates me, but maybe it'll help you.

Post Reply