Help needed for Ebay Kleinanzeigen verification process!

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

DEADRE

by DEADRE

Hello Everyone,

A few months ago, eBay kleinanzeigen (I buy cycling parts on the site) has implemented a verification process, as it seems there is a lot of fraudulent activities on the site.

The verification process, consist of the website sending a few digits from your phone, which you will plug on the website & from there will allow the person to purchase items, because of the verification process, I could no longer purchase items on the site. I tried to talk to the admin, and told them I reside in the USA & would not be able to undergo the verification process as the telephone #’s that are able to be verified are European telephone #’s only and the admin. could not do anything for me. I tried as well, to ask, the forwarding shipping company that I deal with in Germany but was unwilling to do so. It’s not because of trust issues, as I have been a customer for the last 7 years, it’s the mere fact that they want me to go through there concierge service, which they will charge me 10% base on the asking price of the item.
Is there by any chance, if I were to pay (Paypal), one of you for this request, will you do the verification process or if you are in NY or need something in this side of the world, will gladly return the favor in exchange? It should not take more than 3 min. of your time. I will be providing you with my username & password.

Thank you in advance, please kindly send me a PM.

gorkypl

by gorkypl

I can help with phone verification or forwarding (via Poland though), PM me if still needed.

Fuji Cross 1.5 - Shimano 105 5800 | Cinelli Superstar Disc - Record 12s | Custom steel Karamba - Ekar 13s

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

It has not occured to you that if the verification process only works with European phone numbers, the whole point of it is that they do not want you engage in business through their website…?

DEADRE

by DEADRE

MayhemSWE wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:33 pm
It has not occured to you that if the verification process only works with European phone numbers, the whole point of it is that they do not want you engage in business through their website…?
It was pointed out to me by the admin. that the reason for the verfication process, as there was sellers, selling items and wanting payment ONLY through bank transfers.
Thus it was as if your just giving away free money!

How did you come to the conclusion to say as such "the whole point of it".

IvanBladeus

by IvanBladeus

DEADRE wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:19 pm
Hello Everyone,

A few months ago, eBay kleinanzeigen (I buy cycling parts on the site) has implemented a verification process, as it seems there is a lot of fraudulent activities on the site.

The verification process, consist of the website sending a few digits from your phone, which you will plug on the website & from there will allow the person to purchase items, because of the verification process, I could no longer purchase items on the site. I tried to talk to the admin, and told them I reside in the USA & would not be able to undergo the verification process as the telephone #’s that are able to be verified are European telephone #’s only and the admin. could not do anything for me. I tried as well, to ask, the forwarding shipping company that I deal with in Germany but was unwilling to do so. It’s not because of trust issues, as I have been a customer for the last 7 years, it’s the mere fact that they want me to go through there concierge service, which they will charge me 10% base on the asking price of the item.
Is there by any chance, if I were to pay (Paypal), one of you for this request, will you do the verification process or if you are in NY or need something in this side of the world, will gladly return the favor in exchange? It should not take more than 3 min. of your time. I will be providing you with my username & password.

Thank you in advance, please kindly send me a PM.
It is so usual for eBay to conclude that somebody is breaking their rules. For sure, they do not want to lose income. However, the process of the verification is sooo unstable... Like, I am living in Spain, and I tried to order one rare book from eBay. Unfortunately, they did not allow me to register and order what I needed. Then I asked my friend to do so for me, he is living in California. What do you think happened? He ordered my book but it did not come to him. Like, completely.

A year after that I found the book on another e-commerce shop "Shopee". However, I once again was struggling with a shopee phone verification in order to register an account. So, what I did: I used a special https://grizzlysms.com/shopee tool in order to pass the verification process. Only (yes) a month ago I finally received a book I needed so much.

I know that verification through phone or email is very necessary. However, it is sooo unstable and random. I am disappointed in online shops.