SB20 smart bike not working

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

fruitfly

by fruitfly

I don't have a wiring diagram, and am not an engineer, so I am having trouble diagnosing a problem, as is the company.

Symptoms: apparently no power to bike (no resistance, brakes, gears, not discoverable on Fulgaz or Stages Link apps.

Tried:

1) Plugged and unplugged all connections, rebooting bike, uninstalling and reinstalling apps. No change
2) new AC/DC converter (no effect). Voltmeter shows current flowing through old and new.
3) new upper PCB, which from location deals with the shifters and brakes (no effect, but there are lights on the board so some current is flowing through system, ruling out some internal break in wiring.
4) new lower PCB (located next to flywheel), and presumably controls braking to change resistance. This change did bring back baseline resistance (needed so that downhill can be simulated), but shifting and brake levers don't work.

Logic suggests that there is a problem between the upper PCB board and the wiring leading to the shifters and brake levers, but this doesn't explain why the bike is not discoverable by apps unless the device that does this is near the handlebars/downstream of the upper PCB board.

I am asking here since the help desk seems to work from a checklist of either probability or cost rather than diagnosing from the symptoms. They have been courteous, but it has been two months now, and I still don't have a solution. I hope they will send new bars in case this solves the issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Hugh
Factor Ostro

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Since the bike isn’t broadcasting over ANT+/USB and has no resistance, it doesn’t seem like the bars would help. There are at least three different PCBs on the SB20 AFAIK. Guessing the one responsible for power delivery at the back is fried.

fruitfly

by fruitfly

OK thanks, I was wondering if there was another board. I will see if I can find it, since swapping that one out would give me a trifectoa of new PCBs.

Hugh
Factor Ostro