FAKE KMC and Shimano Chains

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

goixiz

by goixiz

OnTheRivet wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:20 am
Chains are not an easy thing to copy, that's a lot of effort for what seems to be not much ROI, who would be making these? Off topic but I have tried KMC chains a few times over the last 15 years and always been disappointed. The YBN chains I use now are easily the best non-brand chains I've ever used and are easy to find and relatively inexpensive. EDIT, also who cares about the packaging why don't they show the actual chains in comparison?
IM using YBN now and PYC as well.
I have previously used KMC for many many years with Zero Issues - And unconfirmed KMC manufactures Shimano chains
What issues did you have with KMC ??? The reason i use the pkg to check is because thats mostly what you see prior to purchase
- Eat More Rice !

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I've been way, way happier with the overall finish of KMC chains. They also have chamfering and notches on the outer links that YBN chains lack. If you ever buy a black coated YBN chain, the inner links will lose most of the coating within a couple rides. The edges of the outer links will also become noticeably silver almost immediately.

I've only snapped one chain ever and that was a YBN SLA110. The smallest sample size, but it is what it is.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Weber

by Weber

Does anyone have a link to original Shimano 11 speed chains on Aliexpress? or is it a unicorn

1sanglier

by 1sanglier

PYC chain always exist ? I buy 2 there is 2 years ago but now I don't find it :(

kurtkowal

by kurtkowal

Weber wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:44 pm
Does anyone have a link to original Shimano 11 speed chains on Aliexpress? or is it a unicorn
it is to my understanding that Anrancee Cycling Store on Aliexpress sells original Shimano stuff,

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/10050054 ... pt=glo2esp

I haven't bought one myself though

Karvalo

by Karvalo

What's the point? As shown there you're not going to get the counterfeit prices for real goods, so what's the benefit of buying through Ali instead of a normal retailer?

Weber

by Weber

Karvalo wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:22 pm
What's the point? As shown there you're not going to get the counterfeit prices for real goods, so what's the benefit of buying through Ali instead of a normal retailer?
It depends on where you live the prices of local sellers and shimano are more expensive than those of aliexpress or another country.

Shimano has a very good worldwide restriction and it is not easy to buy from conventional online retailers like bike24, so Aliexpress is the only alternative.

Doing calculations to give you an idea, bringing it from Aliexpress costs me 50 USD less than buying it here.

I'm not looking for it to be ultra cheap, just to confirm a seller who sells originals.

Any seller will be cheaper than buying it here.