Alto de Los Machucos anyone

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Los Machucos will be inlcuded in an upcoming trip to Spain. Anyone have first hand experience? Yeah the climb is tough with 25-30% ramps etc., but my main concern is descending. My plan is to climb the same side the Vuelta did in 2017, and descend to La Pedrosa. Anybody done that descent? It's a much more consistent slope that the Vueta side with some long 20% sections. I guess I'll be stopping occasionally to cool of the wheels - I travel with rim brakes. I can't recall ever descending anything so consistently severe. Street view shows an acceptable surface and it is very straight. But it is so damn narrow, like three quarters of a lane wide. I can't imaging really letting the bike go. 80-90 km/h on a skinny road? No way.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com