2022 PRO Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Chaunch wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:03 pm
If Cav ends up at Human Powered Health, do you think that Specialized will be their bike sponsor?
Is Specialized ultimately dictating where he ends up?
For that reason, seems unlikely that Cav will be back on Pinarello's.

I don't think Specialized has much interest in sponsoring yet another team. They already sponsor QuickStep, Bora and Total Energies on the men's side, SD Worx on the women's side. At the Conti level they sponsor L39ION and Wildlife Generation here in the US. Considering they just cut their ambassadorial program, it seems they don't want to budget much more toward sponsorships.

It's also far too late and any team going ahead in 2023 will already have their big equipment sponsors sorted.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Chaunch wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:03 pm
If Cav ends up at Human Powered Health, do you think that Specialized will be their bike sponsor?
Is Specialized ultimately dictating where he ends up?
For that reason, seems unlikely that Cav will be back on Pinarello's.
I don't beleive Cav has had an individual sponsorship deal with Specialized in a number of years.

Aeo

by Aeo

Cav @ HPH, dropping a nuke in the prologue at Volta a Portugal. Please make it happen
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

zirxo

by zirxo

Cav was going to ride BMC bikes at B&B so I don't think there's any connection to Specialized.

ichobi

by ichobi

I don't see how HPH would have a remote chance of getting any kind of invite for the Tour. Vuelta may be but definitely not the Tour where they will always forever favour second tier French team. One such as B&B Hotels. Hence I see no benefit whatseover for him to join American pro conti team if his goal is to still get another stage win at the Tour. The only possible reason for him to go for HPH would be just to keep racing, and in that case he could probably find teams in the WorldTours to ride with anyhow if he doesn't demand too much salary / win bonuses. Heck, he could do Movistar a favour just by joining them given the team's performance post VV.

micky

by micky

It seems the "Lopez Gate" opened a possible door for Cav to Astana.
Vino left a message to media saying he tried to get in touch for a possible contract.

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

At this point in time, if Cav does have a signed contract as his mate avers, why wouldn't it be made public?

It's frustrating when there are contradictory statements in the media, someone has to be lying.

ichobi

by ichobi

Probably negotiating minor details like win bonuses? Anyhow buy Jan 1 he has to announce anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

renoracing

by renoracing

Eeek... I hope Cav doesn't end up at Astana. I know he can freelance his way to a sprint win, but that team just doesn't seem like a fit. As mentioned, Inneos seems to make a ton of sense, in that they can let Pidcock ride for GC at the Tour(a hopeful top 5 maybe) and still have a rider or two to help Cav get a win. I will say that Lefevre looks really bad in this whole situation... He could have easily freed up a spot on his roster for Cav. With Remco targeting the Giro, I'm sure Lulu will target stage wins at the Tour, so surely Jakobson is going with a leadout train, but will likely fade in the final weeks... enter Cav. Teams go with a two headed GC approach, and its been done with sprinters. It just looks really bad that Quickstep are kind of shuffling him aside after what have been two really strong seasons from him.

What about Legion of Los Angeles? They've got a pretty dialed lead-out train... Surely that would be one way for the US Crit scene to grow a bit... hahahah!

BenSiskri

by BenSiskri

Another CX World Cup - Val di Sole; and MvdP is back after a training camp; which sometimes leaves him with heavy legs, and lesser performances; however he has an excellent record here, and with no Wout or Tom should be a class above the others.
Van Empel won here last year and should go close again, with Puck her only real challenger. Persico makes her World Cup debut, but if she makes the top 5 she's done well; I think 3rd in the Worlds on a fast course flattered her.
Trek Crockett 4
Giant TCR Advanced 3

Willier

by Willier

Is Persico riding a new Colnago Cx frame it just a g3x frame?

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

It looks like a G3-X to me.

BenSiskri

by BenSiskri

Good to see a Colnago near the front of a CX race...though she might have been better running a groupset suitable for CX.....Shimano actually make one with a clutch.
Trek Crockett 4
Giant TCR Advanced 3

itsacarr

by itsacarr

SO. Now that we know (mostly). How long before we see Cav in a rap video with Vino to close out his career. Or maybe that's the contract detail that's taking forever to sort out.
Just ride ..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maquisard

by maquisard

The Cavendish to Astana situation is interesting. There are many who thought this was the future location of Nairo Quintana and that he had already signed - the delay in announcing due to the procedure of firing Lopez. If Cavendish has definitely signed that closes down this space, unless Vino gets rid of another.