2022 PRO Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Miller

by Miller

Mathieu van der Poel assault conviction overturned by Australian court...

https://road.cc/content/news/mathieu-va ... ned-297995

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

flying

by flying

Miller wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:21 am
Mathieu van der Poel assault conviction overturned by Australian court...
Glad to hear this !

C36

by C36

On the female circuit, riders initially planned on the female BnB start finding positions even if in Conti level. Audrey Cordon Ragot (trek) and Lucie Journier (arkea) seem to have signed with the Spanish Zaaf cycling team.

Obviously Continental level is not where you would expect them (hey but so far Cav doesn’t even have this), but glad some riders find solutions.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

UAE on Continental?

micky

by micky

After Tour of Slovenia Pogacar complained about slippery tires and it was rumoured for a while that they would change.

Stendhal

by Stendhal

More fallout from the B & B demise: Pierre Rolland is retiring. I liked him as the young apprentice to Voeckler on Europcar, and because Jonathan Vaughters spoke highly of him after his unusual move to Slipstream.
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

Aeo

by Aeo

Question is will UAE ride on hookless tubeless or is ENVE making tubulars for them
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Aeo wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:59 am
Question is will UAE ride on hookless tubeless or is ENVE making tubulars for them
legacy 3.4AR or 4.5AR have tubs.. just put new sticker on it. :mrgreen:
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Stendhal wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:37 am
UpFromOne wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:37 am
CustomMetal wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:18 pm
Any update on Cav?
The Ineos rumor is total BS. Can't see the desire there.
Maybe he can get onto TdF on a wild card? Oh the drama!
B & B's collapse hurts Cav in another way. A logical deal would have been to let ISN into the Tour as the second wildcard after B & B if ISN brought Cav. B & B would be in the pole position for the first wildcard as a French team and with Arkea-Samsic now guaranteed a spot as a top tier team following its promotion and Total Energies guaranteed a spot as a top 2022 Continental team. This would also be part of a settlement of Sylvain Adams' threatened arbitration against relegation (I've not seen the contracting documents but in my assessment based on the limited record as has been disclosed, I think the claim weak, a rare instance where I disagree with Jonathan Vaughters). With B & B gone as I assume absent a miracle, ISN moves up a slot in wildcard candidacy even without Cav. MAYBE this year ASO invites Euskadi since the Tour starts in the Basque Country (I'm looking forward to that), but I can't see it selecting an Italian second tier team. The other main contender for the spot and I predict biggest beneficiary is Uno-X. Or for US fans, Human Powered Health.
VeloNews, citing a Belgian news site, is reporting that Cav is working on a contract with...Human Powered Health.
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Stendhal wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:57 am

VeloNews, citing a Belgian news site, is reporting that Cav is working on a contract with...Human Powered Health.

At this point both sides sorely need each other. A match made in both heaven and hell.

maquisard

by maquisard

Pierre Rolland did the more sensible thing and retired.

What races will Cavendish get to ride at HPH?

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

did you just compare Rolland to Cav? :roll:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

maquisard

by maquisard

Yes, two professionals who have had their plans next year destroyed due to the failure of the B&B team.

Hardly an odd comparison.

What is the point of Cavendish signing for HPH when he has no hope of riding in top level races.

ichobi

by ichobi

In Never Strays Far podcast, Boulting, Millar, and Kennaugh discussed the possibility of Ineos signing cav for a year for the sole purpose of wining Tour stage.
Everyday that's not a mountain stage is a raid for stage win for Cav.

I mean, it's not like they have someone who can win the tour now. Take a haitus year and put all the manpower behind Cav to make true history is more than likely for them to win the Tour anyways.

Farfetched, of course. But wouldn't that be mightily fun. Money is not an issue anyway and it will be their biggest PR turn around in the past couple of years seeing they lose their Tour dominance left right and center.

I can only wish.

Chaunch

by Chaunch

If Cav ends up at Human Powered Health, do you think that Specialized will be their bike sponsor?
Is Specialized ultimately dictating where he ends up?
For that reason, seems unlikely that Cav will be back on Pinarello's.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com