2022 PRO Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

spud

by spud

^ I have trouble believing that - if starting a TTT on a ramp, you are already on the big ring. If already on the big ring, unless the components are catastrophically bad (flexible, or shift protocol hacked), she's not going to unship the chain, certainly not at the 500 or 600 hundred watts she's pushing off the ramp. In 40 years of riding, the only time I've unshipped a chain from the big ring happened because one or two of the teeth got bent/damaged. And it only happened when I was sprinting.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robbosmans

by robbosmans

AVV crash was a misshift by her

Mocs123

by Mocs123

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:18 pm
spdntrxi wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:47 pm
Reserve makes sense for JV.. since cervelo bikes retail are sold with reserve.
Yeah that makes sense. SRAM also has a deep relationship with Pon…Zipp hubs are already on many Reserve wheels. It may strengthen their business relationship.
Are Zipp hubs special in some way? I always thought they were probably rebranded Novatecs or Formulas.
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

spud

by spud

^ I would never have considered Zipp hubs to be a plus, but maybe my experience is dated. When you see the 4th revision of a hub design, you have to start asking questions about the fundamental quality of the design.

C36

by C36

Over the last 20 years, zipp always had at least one hub with problems… they have been aerodynamically good but mechanically that was not the same.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:32 am
romanmoser wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:17 am

I only know of their roads wheels that are on dt swiss hubs
Those you are talking about are mtb wheels ?

Reserve road wheels come with at least the following depending on the bike: Zipp ZR1, Zipp 176/76, DT 240, DT 350 or DT 370. Some standalone wheelsets can be purchased with DT 180s.
I think the Zipp hubs just came on board with Reserve this season when the new wheels for the new S5 were unveiled. Maybe it is linked with the team deal - but then hub supply has been an issue for several companies recently so maybe Zipp were just the guys who could supply the numbers they wanted this year and DT-Swiss were already saturated with orders.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

There's one UCI bike holder at the Worlds who caused maybe 4 failed starts in the team sprint yesterday by half dropping a rider just before the gun, and has already done it once or twice today in the team pursuit. Amazing they don't seem to have one more person who could take over.

Attermann

by Attermann

robbosmans wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:26 pm
how would that be possible on sram? wont you need to press two bottons at once, and there where a picture where it looked like that the rear derailleur came off just before.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Attermann wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:45 pm
robbosmans wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:26 pm
how would that be possible on sram? wont you need to press two bottons at once, and there where a picture where it looked like that the rear derailleur came off just before.

Nobody knows if she accidentally shifted except AvV, but it’s not improbable. Clics or Blips are mounted on the inside of the basebar handles. She was sprinting out the gate, wrenching hard on the bars and unlike mechanical buttons, electronic ones don’t have a very long throw. Back when I was using homemade Blips as climbing shifters, I accidentally shifted quite often. I no longer use satellite shifters at all.
Last edited by TobinHatesYou on Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flying

by flying

Watched the IM Kona impressive bike times & overall race too

Pro's bikes
https://www.triathlete.com/gear/bike/th ... pionships/

Cam Wurf's Setup
https://www.triathlete.com/gallery/kona ... ide-ttr-f/

petal666

by petal666

Attermann wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:45 pm
The RD was fine until it got ridden over.

MattMay

by MattMay

Chris Horner taking on Tom Boonen’s shade throwing toward Wout van Aert. (Bonus: ketones test results).
https://youtu.be/y88tO9V2M3g

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Ganna just went sub 4 at sea level. Wow.

maquisard

by maquisard

Exceptional performance - I really miss the individual pursuit in the Olympic Games. It is a great event.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

outnumbered

by outnumbered

Some good races at the Track Worlds.. Ganna as Karvalo mentioned, amazingly close men's team pursuit final between GB and Italy, Mathilde Gros beating the German favourites to win at home in the sprint. Also much respect to Katie Archibald for managing that level of performance just a few weeks after her partner tragically died.