2022 PRO Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

MilesG813

by MilesG813

maquisard wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:35 pm
I don't normally watch cyclocross but that was a gripping race on a fantastic course. The skill and fitness of WVA and MVDP is on another level.
Would have loved to seen the sprint but for MVDP's shoe unclipping.
2022 Specialized S-Works SL7 I Ultegra R8170 I Princeton Carbonworks 6560
2012 Cannondale CAAD 10 I 105 R5700 I Zipp 404s

Willier

by Willier

Willier wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:25 pm
Can't find a pic( only saw IG story), but looks like Pogačar is on enve bar +stem combo and not one piece handlebar

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Looks the enve AR bar rather than the aero one. I guess so they can do internal cables, but I would have thought for Pog they would have done an internal cable version of the aero bars so he can get super aero
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

Karvalo

by Karvalo

CustomMetal wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:52 pm
Looks the enve AR bar rather than the aero one. I guess so they can do internal cables, but I would have thought for Pog they would have done an internal cable version of the aero bars so he can get super aero
He might not want to do that anyway. They made Cav custom no-flare SES Aero bars because he didn't want to ride super narrow at the hoods.

Plus, it's off season and no one needs to be that aero yet. Not everyone rides their full race setup all year round.

LOWIEV

by LOWIEV

robbosmans wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:31 pm
Another one tonight Image
I think last night's Diegem was the best cx-race i ever saw... :shock:
what a time to be a bikerace fan :)

Willier

by Willier

Those last few CX races were really something. WVA, MvDP and Pidcock are one step above the rest tho. You get 2 races in 1 really

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Pidcock is still a bit less consistent but when he's on he's so close to the two of them. I think it bodes well for the classics that he's riding his well because I genuinely think cross is the discipline he's least physically suited to!

MilesG813

by MilesG813

Karvalo wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:49 am
Pidcock is still a bit less consistent but when he's on he's so close to the two of them. I think it bodes well for the classics that he's riding his well because I genuinely think cross is the discipline he's least physically suited to!
I agree, with the form he is showing he will be smashing people on climbs this year. He is so much smaller than WVA and MVDP yet hanging in there in a format that as you say really does not suit him physically.
2022 Specialized S-Works SL7 I Ultegra R8170 I Princeton Carbonworks 6560
2012 Cannondale CAAD 10 I 105 R5700 I Zipp 404s

pastronef

by pastronef

https://twitter.com/pedatn/status/1608440507000098817

WVA causing a stir about the Zwarte Piet?

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

pastronef wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:46 pm
https://twitter.com/pedatn/status/1608440507000098817

WVA causing a stir about the Zwarte Piet?
Still surprising that professional athletes haven't learned to avoid issues like this. No matter the opinion, only negative PR outcomes are possible. Thought Wout was a bit more clever. Perhaps he assumed being being fast on a bike automatically imbued him with vast knowledge of history and all attending social issues, plus the sophistication and intelligence to properly process and comment on anything. Defending the tradition of Black Pete is not a good look for a global sports star. He needs to remember a lot of people around the world who drink Red Bull may not be big fans of Zwarte Piet. Inevitablably one ends up rightly or wrongly lumped in with the maniacs who attacked people protesting Black Pete, while giving Nazi salutes, white power signs, etc. Maybe Wout can also give us his thoughts on those who object to the Confederate flag. :noidea:

And where WVA should keep his focus - the last three CX races were phenominal entertainment. WVA and Pidcock trading leads in the last half lap yesterday was gripping stuff. The day before was also edge of the seat stuff. MVP pulling out of his pedal sadly robbed the viewers of what might have gone down in history as the greatest CX battle ever. Would have been a photo finish.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

maquisard

by maquisard

Indeed, athletes should say away from discussion of anything such as this. The media are waiting to jump on their words and be offended, the only possible outcome of offering an opinion is a negative one.

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Only fair that media jumps on this as he obviously doesn't understand what these discussions are about and that is a shame in itself.

"i never used to associate that with opression of anyone"...Its not about you Wout

maquisard

by maquisard

I ate Têtes de nègres Haribo as a child and never associated that with oppression of anyone.

I am glad Haribo has removed those candy from their product line. But I don't think I was a racist as a child due to my ignorance.

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

Post deleted by mod - be nice pls

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

flying

by flying

Example used aside (as I know nothing about it) Wout is right...The whole BS "woke" debate is out of control & nothing less than a mob.

That aside Diegem was awesome & the final lap between Pidcock & Wout was the best in awhile