2022 PRO Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

It is striking how many teams are so visually indistinguishable from each other. I also found it very odd that ISN changed from the light Israeli blue on their strip that was very easy to spot in the peloon to a dark navy blue that caused them to look like every other team and fade into the peloton of blue.
Last edited by BdaGhisallo on Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

IchDien

by IchDien

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pcort

by pcort

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:18 pm
It is striking how many teams are not so visually indistinguishable from each other. I also found it very odd that ISN changed from the light Israeli blue on their strip that was very easy to spot in the peloon to a dark navy blue that caused them to look like every other team and fade into the peloton of blue.
I was a huge katusha fan when I first started watching road cycling purely because their giant K was the only recognizable feature in the peloton. Now in a world of blue's I long to see the Bardiani–CSF kit.
2018 Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 XL : 8kg
2016 Cannondale SuperSix Evo HM 58 : 5.8kg 2x / 5.3kg 1x

LouisN

by LouisN

IMO nowadays sponsors care more about social media, and "photoshop-ed" exposure and publicity than "on road, live" direct exposure...

Louis :)

maquisard

by maquisard

That is true, EF-Nippo realise this, as did Rapha.

Lachlan Morton's alt-Tour received probably as much coverage for EF and Cannondale* during the Tour de France as the race itself. Clever marketting.

*Although the BB creaking on Morton's bike during some of the videos probably didn't help Cannondale much. But everyone knows Cannondale BB are terrible I guess.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Just a heads up for WW's that haven't heard, but Dutch pro Amy Pieters suffered a serious head injury at a training camp about a week ago, had brain surgery, and is still in a coma. If you don't know anything about Pieters, look up her stats - she has had an amazing career. Fingers crossed for Amy. She was to be brought out of the coma days ago but that has not happened.Things do not look good at this point.

Reports indicate the team was practice sprinting on the road and Pieters came in contact with a rider in front of her and crashed hard into a stone gutter. The team had previously indicated they would not discuss the incident further to protect the privacy of those involved. Riders should not be crashing into each other at training camps. I get the sense that someone made a terrible mistake leading to the crash.

Perhaps there is better information in the Dutch press.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

micky

by micky

At this point who's fault/blame/etc is secondary.
What matters is that she can hopefully recover from it.

BenSiskri

by BenSiskri

In unsurprising news, MvdP has ended his season, and therefore won't defend his CX World title. One hopes he's given the proper time to recover, and isn't rushed back for the spring on the road. Coming back for the Road Worlds & P-R is looking like not the smartest decision....
Trek Crockett 4
Giant TCR Advanced 3

stevec1975

by stevec1975

and WvA has confirmed he won't be doing the CX Worlds either, Pidcock should be the favourite based on being the best of the rest..

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Probably favourite if the course is riding fast or slick, maybe not if it's heavy mud, then the bigger guys would have the edge.

Either way it's close enough to be wide open for whoever has a great day.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

From Cyclingweekly

Israel Start-Up Nation is to become Israel-Premier Tech for the 2022 season, with Canadian company Premier Tech joining the squad, which contains four-time Tour de France winner Chris Froome, as co-title sponsors.

The deal was finally confirmed on Thursday, and followed Premier Tech stepping back from its previous sponsorship deal with Astana.

Miller

by Miller

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:47 pm
The deal was finally confirmed on Thursday, and followed Premier Tech stepping back from its previous sponsorship deal with Astana.
Timely move. Being associated with Kazakhstan is probably not a good look right now.

maquisard

by maquisard

Really like the Israel jersey

Konsi

by Konsi

I think the new Cofidis look is nice, too. Also still like the controversial AG2R outfit and think the new Bora jersey look good. Not a fan of Bikeexchange, Trek, or Movistar this time round

ms6073

by ms6073

Miller wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:28 pm
Timely move. Being associated with Kazakhstan is probably not a good look right now.
I am curious whether or not there will be any fallout/negative impact on Astana because of the turmoil in Kazakhstan.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com