2022 PRO Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

flying wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:32 pm
Example used aside (as I know nothing about it) Wout is right...The whole BS "woke" debate is out of control & nothing less than a mob.
And here perhaps is Wout's problem. Does protesting that the use of "Black Pete" is racist imagery even count as "woke"? Nothing less than an out of control mob? Are you and Wout implying that people of colour should just shut up and endure the indignity of it? I wonder how Dutchwoman Ceylin del Carmen Alvarado feels about that. And how do you think she would be treated if she complained/protested?

But I do agree with you that life was so much less complicated when the powerless had no option but to suffer what the powerful subjected them to. Ah the good ole days.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

can we get back to pro cycling.. specifically racing and not politics. It's one of the reasons I enjoy this forum soooooooooo *f##k* much more then others.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Mr.Gib wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:42 am
jcrr wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:11 am
I'd like to ask those of you in BE (and EU for that matter), what, if anything, has become of Toon Aerts? Really miss what he brought to CX races...
Or you could ask a Canadian. I also miss Toon Aerts' contributions to the CX action. Apparently he will be informed shortly of his punishment. There is some precedent for this type of infraction and it is not good for Aerts. Could get a two year ban. There is something out of balance given that the trace amounts do not indicate intentional doping.
2 year ban for Toon Aerts. Didn't Betsema get just 6 months for something similar?
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Betsema claimed that her pharmacist gave her contaminated supplements. They were probably able to verify this explanation and her not being fully responsible, resulted in a milder punishment.
Aerts is claiming similar reasons, but from i read he can't nail down what exactly was contaminated yet making it impossible to verify.

flying

by flying

Mr.Gib wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:35 am

And here perhaps is Wout's problem.
Ahhh here we go..... :roll:
Yeah agree with...can we get back to pro cycling.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Cross is dead without. WVA,MVDP and Pidcock... they are nutz
Last edited by spdntrxi on Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Another great race, the resilience of Pidcock to come back on a power course was impressive. Thought he might have nicked the sprint but Wout timed it perfectly/was too strong

flying

by flying

stevec1975 wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:18 pm
Another great race, the resilience of Pidcock to come back on a power course was impressive. Thought he might have nicked the sprint but Wout timed it perfectly/was too strong
Agreed I'm thinking Pidcock is going to have a great year on the road too.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

stevec1975 wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:18 pm
He only got back because he burned a big match while WvA waited to see if they wanted to take it to a sprint. If the front two went full gas, he would've been dropped easily

rainerhq

by rainerhq

He got back multiple times and those two up front were cooked too.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

stoney

by stoney

Kudos to Tom for never giving up. Wout is the man...has been since 2021.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Despite WVA current streak, I still think MVP is the more talented CX'er. But his tactic of repeated 100% efforts damages his ability to finish. Similar on the road. It works with just about everybody...just about. So mercurial, fabulous to watch.

LouisN

by LouisN

More like three super athletes with three different power profiles, and body shapes.
I hate the word talent.

Louis :)

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

WvA is the scalpel to MvdP’s hammer in CX, especially evident when they ride through loose stuff.

I wouldn’t hesitate to use the word talent. You become a world-class pro cyclist by having a whole slew of elite physical and mental abilities. Elite amateurs might have 5 of 10 attributes. Domestic pros might have 7 of 10. World-class is elite in 9 or 10 out of 10 categories. Along those lines anyway.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

WVA is just like a moto throwing a roost as he blasts through the sand section. He doesnt need to motopace cause he is the Moto.
I see Van Emple is riding for Jumbo and running the Sram 1X in the latest CX race. I like how she finishes the race and stops at the line to display her new ride. I think she has adjusted to the new group and frame well.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com