2022 PRO Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

jcrr

by jcrr

Mr.Gib wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:00 am
Mr.Gib wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:42 am
jcrr wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:11 am
I'd like to ask those of you in BE (and EU for that matter), what, if anything, has become of Toon Aerts? Really miss what he brought to CX races...
Or you could ask a Canadian. I also miss Toon Aerts' contributions to the CX action. Apparently he will be informed shortly of his punishment. There is some precedent for this type of infraction and it is not good for Aerts. Could get a two year ban. There is something out of balance given that the trace amounts do not indicate intentional doping.
2 year ban for Toon Aerts. Didn't Betsema get just 6 months for something similar?
Saw/heard that. And yeah, next time I'll ask a Canuck :) I just feel like there is context lost with content from media outlets, whatever it may be (nieuwsblad.be, hln.be, l'equipe, etc), versus fans that live/follow sport and live in the actual EU countries.

I do hope Toon can come back from this.
"If it ain't broken, it could be lighter"

BenSiskri

by BenSiskri

Mr.Gib wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:27 pm
Despite WVA current streak, I still think MVP is the more talented CX'er. But his tactic of repeated 100% efforts damages his ability to finish. Similar on the road. It works with just about everybody...just about. So mercurial, fabulous to watch.

He's a far better technical rider - however I don't think he's quite on top form; when he is, he's so fluid and 'at one' with the bike, and virtually mistake free. He gets gaps without him appearing to put in much effort, as his skills enable him to take corners faster; and the time gained all adds up.
At the moment it looks hard work, and there are little mistakes. The Antwerp World Cup was like the old MvdP, since then he's done a training camp, and he doesn't look the same.
Trek Crockett 4
Giant TCR Advanced 3

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com