2022 On the road today

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

willdsouth

by willdsouth

IanisCercariolo wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:15 pm
A lovely long ride today around Lake Geneva :
These concrete paths are made for winemakers, so they're car free. You can find other ones in forests or fields, that's a nice alternative to busy roads that I haven't seen outside of Switzerland
Amazing!

Miller

by Miller

IanisCercariolo wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:36 am
Sure : https://www.strava.com/activities/6886721331 (the picture is from Riex) :thumbup:
Big ride but a lot longer than the shortest lap of Lac Leman! I seem to recall it being about 175km from Geneva if you don't stray too far from the shoreline. Isn't there a sportive nowadays that does that?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

IanisCercariolo

by IanisCercariolo

Miller wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:31 pm
IanisCercariolo wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:36 am
Sure : https://www.strava.com/activities/6886721331 (the picture is from Riex) :thumbup:
Big ride but a lot longer than the shortest lap of Lac Leman! I seem to recall it being about 175km from Geneva if you don't stray too far from the shoreline. Isn't there a sportive nowadays that does that?
Exactly, that's the Cyclotour du Léman !
The shortest lap is indeed 175 km, but IMO this little stretch is so much worth it : https://www.strava.com/segments/19061253 (then downwards from Chexbres to Vevey)
That's where you can be into the vineyards and enjoy these landscapes, otherwise you're just on the side of the road for the whole loop :wink:

kingtom

by kingtom

I spent some days in France, north of Montpelier. Lovely. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

robertbb

by robertbb

IanisCercariolo wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:15 pm
A lovely long ride today around Lake Geneva :
These concrete paths are made for winemakers, so they're car free. You can find other ones in forests or fields, that's a nice alternative to busy roads that I haven't seen outside of Switzerland
Yep. I remember that gorgeous blue hue from when I visited (on a side trip from a TDF and L'Etape trip). Really a magical, misty colour and if it weren't for the mountains you'd think the lake was wrapping up around you into the sky.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

IanisCercariolo wrote:
Beancouter wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:02 pm
IanisCercariolo wrote:A lovely long ride today around Lake Geneva :
Have you saved the route on Strava? My friend has just moved out to Geneva and planning a weekend out there soon..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Many thanks!

Miller

by Miller

Still a lot of winter storm damage to be seen on local trails. I think this would have been done by Storm Eunice.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Some photos from Sunday’s ride, west of Houston. The bluebonnets were really starting to come out, with several fields full of them, and those bulls were definitely having it out!

ms6073

by ms6073

FIJIGabe wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:06 pm
Some photos from Sunday’s ride, west of Houston.
Should be even better this weekend. For very casual in town rides (or gravel bikes on the grass), Terry Hershey Park has a smatering of Blue Bonnets that gets better everyday.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I'll be out in C. Texas, this weekend for Castell Grind. Hopefully the flowers are out in full bloom!

ms6073

by ms6073

Technically on the dirt/grass, but since it was a tad breezy this past Sunday. we opted for a relaxed ride on the grass/dirt at a local park in far west Houston.

- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

It certainly is the most wonderful time of the year to ride in Texas. Bluebonnets everywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IanisCercariolo

by IanisCercariolo

Gorges de la Nesque, near Mont Ventoux (on the top right on the picture)

kingtom

by kingtom

Around Mt. Säntis ImageImageImageImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kingtom

by kingtom

And lake Zug todayImageImage