Cycling shoes in Amsterdam

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

robeambro

by robeambro

Hi guys,

If it's safe, allowed and all, I should go to Amsterdam for work in September. For various reasons I will want to buy new cycling shoes there. My Giro shoes are long overdue a replacement and I want to explore various brands/options (including Giro).

Could anybody point me to shops having a wide range of availability in terms of models/brands? Even if there's a couple close to each other that would do, but I'd not want to visit micro shops stocking three models and that's it (I'll make an exception for the Rapha store).

Fwiw I have a narrow foot.

montana05

by montana05

I lived in Amsterdam for 8 years and you're better off buying online, I don't know of any shop in A'dam with a wide range of shoes. Best thing to do is visit Mantel , they have a few superstores in the Netherlands and sell many brands, look on their website and you'll know if what they offer appeals to you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cosmo

by Cosmo

Assuming you have a couple of hours available to get out of Amsterdam make an appointment at Bikeshoe4u in Nijkerk (about an hour by train; store is 15 minute walk from the train station). You'd think it's online only however they have a soild in store stock and Daan (the owner) is beyond knowledgeable about shoes, what will work for you and any other question you might have about happy feet on the bike. The store only does shoes and fittings-that's right, a store which only sells cycling shoes!

Do make an appointment-he's always very busy with clients in store. People come from all over the NL to be fitted for cycling shoes; it is an above and beyond recommended shop in the Netherlands. Well worth the time.

www.bikeshoe4u.com
after 2 drinks I'm a loser, after 3 a star