John/Juanmoretime gone?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Hopefully Juanmoretime will change his mind and come back. This is one of the only forums that I always read on a daily basis and I do offer opinions on subjects that I think I know something about. Juanmoretime was a familiar person on many of the threads that I read and wrote on and his opinion was always one that I valued. The more time you spend on WW the more familiar you become with those that comment regular and so it feels like a good place to hang out on.
Their are always going to be ppl on every forum that love to buy an argument or be highly critical and negative about whatever subjects thats just the nature of the beast when you have as many ppl on a forum such as WW. I guess at some point you just have to have super thick skin and no when to back away sometimes if its possible. I know I couldnt handle being a Moderator so good on the ppl that actually do it.
I am not a big fan of Trek and could care aless about the next big release they are doing. It just seems kind of crappy that they can shut down a forum with huge fines because of a couple pictures. I guess the moderators have no choice but to do as requested and as forum users we have to accept this and either speculate about Treks next big release or move on to another subject.
One of the big attractions of forums for me is searching out reviews on products and components used by real ppl and its disappointing that trolls from such companies are doing whatever they can to hide any kind of detractors on their products and components. I have learned to sift through some of the positives and negatives to come up with a more informed decision as to wether I should buy a product or look for another better product. I have made some big purchases based on many of the threads on this very forum and mainly for lighterweight components and products. To this day I have not been disappointed by any purchase I have made based on this forum and so everyone here that contributes regularly is important to have in this WW community.
Long live WW Forum.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Ironically the post was not deleted and is just sitting in a non visible section of the forum. And yetrather than being adults and understanding that things happen behind the scenes here the petty bickering has wiped 3000+ posts from existence.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Here here long live wws

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Nefarious86 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:16 am
Ironically the post was not deleted and is just sitting in a non visible section of the forum.
Oh, that's much better. :noidea:
Nefarious86 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:16 am
the petty bickering has wiped 3000+ posts from existence.
I thought Juanmoretime deleted them? Petty?
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

otoman

by otoman

Ah well... all good. The forum will live on. Usually a seemingly rash and sudden decision was the end result of a long series of small insults so I won’t be shocked if he never comes back. I stopped going to roadbikereview forums to avoid the BS. Never looked back, happy to have moved on.
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

Enda Marron

by Enda Marron

I have been a member since 2002, it has evolved, as has cycling and cucling technology.
There seems to be waves of needless vittriol from time to time, but by and large it remains relevant, and I read it EVERY DAY.
I am sad to see Juan More Time leave, he did make a valuable contribution, but if he is not comfortable with the way things are then we must respect his decision

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

After a two year hiatus from this site I am back. Hopefully everyone has learned to ride their bikes and to be adults and not argue on the internet, Differences in opinion are natural and acceptable, not personal attacks made on people because you did not like something.

For two years I enjoyed Family, including 3.25 grandchildren. Married for 37 years and have less than 8 months until my retirement and then life really starts.

Let the rock throwing begin!

Respectfully,

Juan
Last edited by Juanmoretime on Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LouisN

by LouisN

:welcome: back

Louis :)

Maddie

by Maddie

Welcome back! May I advise not to check the latest rim vs. disc brakes thread? From time to time, people don't behave in there

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Ditto, nice to see your avatar again….👍
BB

Coffee & carbon

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

No way!!!!! This is a awsome news one of the old school is back

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Sjoerd

by Sjoerd

Welcome back Juan :)

flying

by flying

Juanmoretime wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:12 am
After a two year hiatus from this site I am back.
Good morning Juan
Nice to hear from you again :thumbup:

Hope your doing fine :beerchug:

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Juanmoretime wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:12 am
After a two year hiatus from this site I am back. Hopefully everyone has learned to ride their bikes and to be adults and not argue on the internet, Differnece in opinion are natural and acceptable, not personal attacks made on people because you did not like something.

For two years I enjoyed Family, including 3.25 grandchildren. Married for 37 years and have less than 8 months until my retirement and then life really starts.

Let the rock throwing begin!

Respectfully,

Juan
I hope that 2nd sentence is not a requirement for you staying :thumbup:

Welcome back
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Yeah, it's like crack, you'll always come back no matter how bad it makes you feel.

Welcome back.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com