Where is my bike (frame-set) made?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

addictR1

by addictR1

wow.. if that's the case for pinarello, then that's some expensive paint job and extremely thick markup. would love to see what's the new 2020 TCR looks like...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robertbb

by robertbb

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 9:59 am
Carbon Treks and Canyons are made by Quest Composite in Dongguan, Guandong. Those are Quest's only two bicycle brand customers. They do manufacture other things like carbon baseball bats (Louisville Slugger) and tennis racquets. I am 100% certain that Trek only uses Quest, and I am 99% sure that Canyon only uses Quest.
Quest Composites does Canyon's high-end frames (SLX models) but I'm not sure about the SL models (particularly, for example the Ultimate SL which is a different mould entirely to the SLX). Having owned both an Ultimate SL (went through two frames) and now an Ultimate SLX, I can say definitively that the carbon finish inside and out on the SLX is signifiantly better. Quest really know what they're doing. It's on par with the Giant TCR SL's which from what I've seen are the best-made monocoque frames out there. That's not to say I think the design is necessarily the best, but the construction of that design is.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Interesting. My Orbea Orca OMR is laid up in Portugal, and painted/finished in Spain. According to Orbea they completely ceased carbon frame production in China in 2015. Of course it is decal'd "Made in Spain" which is of course a bit disingenuous.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

addictR1

by addictR1

Yea I’m on the fence for either the new Giant SL or go with the canyon ultimate SLX.

Heard the canyon SLX is a bit more aero now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s3si1u

by s3si1u

Reviving an old thread 😁
Felt is made by ADK Composites in China. I only know this because my gf's Felt frame still had the tag with all the quality control checks attached when we pulled it out of the box.