Ordering from bike 24

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Anyone ordered from bike24 to Canada lately notice an incredibly long waiting time... I ordered some small parts on Jan 31 which said shipped Feb 1... the tracking says it hasnt even arrived in Canada at all... never mind gone throgh customs... last time I ordered from them in Fall I had the stuff inside of a week... I had a similar issue with bike discount where the package never showed up in Canada for 2 and a half weeks after it says it shipped.. Its like dhl post throws stuff in a container and waits til its full before shipping it along... both bike24 and bike discount use this same (crappy) service it seems... was kind of in a rush for one of the parts in there for my trainer... $30 shipping isn't cool for whats looking like 3 weeks minimum now, providing it shows up early next week...

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Just ordered a package from them 4 days ago and it came this morning having flew from Europe to the tip of Asia. And considering that they used my country's pathetic post service for the last leg delivery that's very impressive. I never waited past a week for stuff from them and your experience might be an anomaly; you might want to bug them about it and see if they can find out more details for you from the courier.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Ive emailed bike24, but its the weekend so won't hear anything... canadapost is generally good.. like I said, my package is probably sitting in a "to be shipped container" waiting to be shipped from Germay once its filled... if I didnt pay for shipping, thats the way it goes.. when ive paid $30 its a different story...

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Just an update, bike24 got back to me and agreed the duration of time to arrive was unacceptable! They refunded me my shipping costs and assured me this was totally abnormal as it shouldnt take this long... now the bad thing is, its arrived in Montreal on Monday and its been sitting in customs since... good grief.. its always something... usually Montreal customs is quick... apparently not on the round..

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Wow, that's a very nice gesture by bike24!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mattr

by mattr

Fairly normal IME, i've had shipping refunded a few times when the delivery time has gone over "what is normal" only once from bike 24. But also from bike discount , CRC and a few other non-cycling places. I usually flag up Eu deliveries if it's more than a week past the original target date.

dim

by dim

I've received my Continental GP 5000 TL tyres today from Bike Discount in Germany

this is thge 1st time that I have bought from them .... transaction was flawless, delivery with DHL was quick .... I will buy from them again as they have very good prices
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

robertbb

by robertbb

The thing that kills delivery to AU is minimum of 19.99 Euro for delivery. You gotta find really killer prices or a harder to find item to warrant it because delivery from all the UK sites is way cheaper (or free over a certain purchase price).

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

mattr wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:39 am
Fairly normal IME, i've had shipping refunded a few times when the delivery time has gone over "what is normal" only once from bike 24. But also from bike discount , CRC and a few other non-cycling places. I usually flag up Eu deliveries if it's more than a week past the original target date.
Bike24 is fairly fast.. the dhl postal service is the bottle neck... it seems since the last time I ordered with them its new for them to be using dhl postal... bike discount was the same, the tracking showed it had left Germany and it took 17 days to show it arriving in Canada... it clearly didn't "leave" that day, it got dumped into an accumulated mail bin for destination country... Now for me the bad thing is the package is still in customs... 4 days now (usually once I track stuff and see its arrived, its usually 1 day MAX) I called customs and asked if there were delays processing Montreal, they told me no, and also told me normal processing time is actually 5-15 business days.. I told her I had never actually waited more than a day and this was strange! She told me that they can actually hold packages coming in from post for SIXTY days!!! I told her they were just bicycle parts.. all she could tell me was normal was 5-15 and if it went over that to call and she would give me the Montreal customs # and I could talk to them directly...

TonyM

by TonyM

I actually don’t care about the cost for shipping....important for me is the total pricing with all items and shipping. Sometimes a shop has huge shipping cost but a good price...

TonyM

by TonyM

BTW bike24 has been sold to wiggle end of 2017...

3Pio

by 3Pio

I must add my self to satisfied customers of bike24. Variability of fair priced products, and good support.. Will continue working with them...

iamoutside

by iamoutside

ParisCarbon wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:58 pm
Anyone ordered from bike24 to Canada lately notice an incredibly long waiting time... I ordered some small parts on Jan 31 which said shipped Feb 1... the tracking says it hasnt even arrived in Canada at all... never mind gone throgh customs... last time I ordered from them in Fall I had the stuff inside of a week... I had a similar issue with bike discount where the package never showed up in Canada for 2 and a half weeks after it says it shipped.. Its like dhl post throws stuff in a container and waits til its full before shipping it along... both bike24 and bike discount use this same (crappy) service it seems... was kind of in a rush for one of the parts in there for my trainer... $30 shipping isn't cool for whats looking like 3 weeks minimum now, providing it shows up early next week...
Canadian here also. Do you get charged duties/customs and DHL fees when ordering from Bike24? I've never used Bike24 before and my order is only 20€ ($32CAD).

LouisN

by LouisN

Bike 24 now writes "product not shippable to Canada" :( ...
Should have ordered earlier...

Louis :)

iamoutside

by iamoutside

LouisN wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:33 pm
Bike 24 now writes "product not shippable to Canada" :( ...
Should have ordered earlier...

Louis :)
Damn, COVID!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com