Ordering from bike 24

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Seedster

by Seedster

ordered from bike24 a few weeks ago and the shipment has not moved from IPZ Frankfurt for a week now. I will need the hydraulic hose for my c64 build whenever Velocolour are finished

TonyM

by TonyM

Seedster wrote:ordered from bike24 a few weeks ago and the shipment has not moved from IPZ Frankfurt for a week now. I will need the hydraulic hose for my c64 build whenever Velocolour are finished
If it has not moved in a few days, ask Bike24 to ask the Deutsche Post/ DHL about your parcel in a Sendungsverfolgung. I had to do it once and the parcel suddenly moved forward….

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Seedster

by Seedster

thanks I will give that a try

PLEASEpleasePlease

by PLEASEpleasePlease

I have ordered from Bike24 and had my items shipped to Canada. It was a great experience. I had to wait 3-4 weeks for my item to arrive, but it was simple andy they were easy to deal with. 9/10 would recommend ordering to Canada.

MariusRO

by MariusRO

Luckily for EU the shipment times are still decent

nismosr

by nismosr

my 4th order from bike24 was just ship yesterday .. usually takes a week.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

nismosr

by nismosr

Seedster wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 5:04 am
ordered from bike24 a few weeks ago and the shipment has not moved from IPZ Frankfurt for a week now. I will need the hydraulic hose for my c64 build whenever Velocolour are finished
i've used a generic hose on my Campagnolo H11 thatson my F10 and its holding up pretty well .. $15 on ebay.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

Seedster

by Seedster

nismosr wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:12 pm
Seedster wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 5:04 am
i've used a generic hose on my Campagnolo H11 thatson my F10 and its holding up pretty well .. $15 on ebay.
Thanks Nis. The campy hose and and associated bits came in last week. Only took a few days once it landed in the United States. Total shipping time was about 3-4 weeks. Velocolour finished the paint last week and its expected to ship today!!!!

3phase

by 3phase

I ordered a frame and some parts from them last month. They split up my order, the frame came in first about after a week from order which is really nice, but the rest of the parts haven't arrived. Departed IPZ Frankfurt June 12 and now still waiting...Can't really build my bike without those parets lol. At least they gave me a 30 euro refund for the shipping here to Singapore but it's frustrating

bomber

by bomber

I've ordered from Bike24 a couple of times to Australia - delivery time is consistently 3-4 weeks. Good selection of non embargoed products, great price as long as you aren't in a hurry.
Carb loading since the 90's

My ex ride
My old rides

discolite

by discolite

There was a period during the height of the lockdowns that an order I placed with them took 3-4 months to arrive. It's hard to know who to blame, could be the postal service. I gotta say, their international shipping rates are the cheapest of the usual European online shops, so I guess the tradeoff is in speed?
MERLIN • Newsboy #11 • Elevator soft-tail • Cyrene 650C • Fat Beat • XLM Lefty • Extralite • Sandstone
ROAD • Litespeed Ghisallo • Cervelo RCA • Passoni Animus Ti
ETC • Spectrum Super Ti SS • Black Sheep FS • Budnitz Steel Belt Drive • Tyrell Ti

Loi

by Loi

Moved to the US recently. Anything I need to be aware of in terms of duties and taxes when ordering from Bike24 (or other European sites)? How do you guys handle VAT?

dmp

by dmp

you don't have to pay VAT if you are in the US. They should deduct it or not charge it at all.

Loi

by Loi

dmp wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:29 am
you don't have to pay VAT if you are in the US. They should deduct it or not charge it at all.
Yup, won't need to pay VAT to Bike24, but I will still owe VAT to the IRS... So I was wondering whether this is collected by customs or simply in the course of the annual tax submission...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MiSzA (PL)

by MiSzA (PL)

Within EU it's days - DHL Express is second working day, regular shipping - 3 to 4 days.