Torque wrench options

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

sfo423

by sfo423

Same as the Venzo but cheaper. Works great.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/ ... prod155414
MikeD wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:10 pm
I have one of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0081 ... UTF8&psc=1

lazypete

by lazypete

I've been using a digital one from Clarke Tools (Clarke Pro, Model # PRO235) for quite a while. It's great, or was until I lost a wee grub screw from the back and doesn't want to work now. On e I find a screw to fit it'll hopefully resume service

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

parajba

by parajba

I need a new torque wrench. Any recommendations? I don’t want to throw money away but I don’t mind spending a bit if it will last many many years and if it’s accurate and reliable.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Giustaforza II pro hands down. Light, comfortable and easy to use.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

kode54

by kode54

I use the Effetto Mariposa non racheting torque wrench. I like that the head is smaller and allows me to squeeze into tight areas where the racheting version could not. I have both but mainly use the non racheting head more nowadays.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

parajba

by parajba

Nefarious86 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:40 pm
Giustaforza II pro hands down. Light, comfortable and easy to use. L

Thanks, is it this one?

https://m.probikekit.co.uk/bicycle-tool ... 72539.html
kode54 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:08 pm
I use the Effetto Mariposa non racheting torque wrench. I like that the head is smaller and allows me to squeeze into tight areas where the racheting version could not. I have both but mainly use the non racheting head more nowadays.
Thanks, is it the one that I quoted above? Or is there a better model? Money is not a problem as I would like to buy something that will last me many years and remain accurate, and be easy to use.

JKolmo

by JKolmo

The pro model you quoted has a ratcheting head. To get the non-ratcheting model with a smaller head you need to go for the non-pro model:

https://m.probikekit.co.uk/bicycle-tool ... 72541.html

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

If you go to the non ratcheting option then something like this is handy for assembly duties to nip things up. ImageImage

Using Tapatalk

parajba

by parajba

Thanks, so the Pro and the Deluxe model are in essence identical in terms of reliability and accuracy but the Procomes with the ratcheting head whereas the Deluxe doesn’t, but the Pro costs an extra £50?

JKolmo

by JKolmo

^ Correct!

parajba

by parajba

JKolmo wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:43 pm
^ Correct!
Thanks a lot.

kode54

by kode54

The racheting head is much larger and is harder to get into tight spaces, especially when there are wires or brake cables in the way. You can also use a long reach hex allen socket which comes with both models, but I find that the non racheting head suits me better. i use the Park hex wrenches to get the bolt snug, then use the torque wrench to get it to spec.
parajba wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:08 pm
Thanks, so the Pro and the Deluxe model are in essence identical in terms of reliability and accuracy but the Procomes with the ratcheting head whereas the Deluxe doesn’t, but the Pro costs an extra £50?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

pedale

by pedale

parajba wrote:Thanks, so the Pro and the Deluxe model are in essence identical in terms of reliability and accuracy but the Procomes with the ratcheting head whereas the Deluxe doesn’t, but the Pro costs an extra £50?
https://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/art ... est-46517/

On this test, the non-ratcheting head was less accurate. The tester agreed that it might be a misfortune but still good to keep in mind

parajba

by parajba

Do you know why the Giustaforza II is not as accurate as the Giustaforza II Pro?
The £50 X Tools Pro from Wiggle seems a good deal.
Some commented that for these prices (£150) you can get a real professional tool (Britool AVT100A, for example).
I think I will get the Lifeline for £50. And replace it every 4-5 years. The Giustaforza needs to be sent to the manufacturer every 5000 clicks for calibration.

parajba

by parajba

@Nefarious86:

Just bought the Giustaforza II Pro.
Do I need to do anything the first time I use it, or before each use, to ensure accuracy? There is a leaflet inside with ‘Testing instructions’. What do I need to test it for?
Last edited by parajba on Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com