ProBikeKit.com - Are they legit?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Orbital

by Orbital

Prices are good. Ordered Campagnolo rear derailer Sept 2, haven’t received my package yet let alone tracking info...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chorus88

by chorus88

Ordered two Castelli Nanoflex2 Bibshorts & I'm already concerned.
There's a discrepancy between my "Order Despatched" email & my "Order Details" on the PBK website.
I checked my credit card & PBK has billed me for two bibshorts.

Order Despatched email:CA$78.19 :noidea:
Order Details (PBK website):CA$156.38
When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

Orbital

by Orbital

Just ordered Campagnolo shift/brake levers. Flash 10% sale came out to almost $100 cheaper than CR.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

The worst side ever ! My order after 15 days was on way ! From Uk to Greece 15 days and still ! I ask for returning my money back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

From 9-9-18 today 25-9-18 the order Came ! A have no comment to say just that was the last order from them !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

chorus88

by chorus88

chorus88 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:13 am
There's a discrepancy between my "Order Despatched" email & my "Order Details" on the PBK website.

I feel like a jerk :oops:
I just received the two Nanoflex2 bibshorts (9 days from UK to Toronto & no duty).

PBK is pretty good :thumbup:

Orbital

by Orbital

chorus88 wrote:
chorus88 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:13 am

I feel like a jerk :oops:
I just received the two Nanoflex2 bibshorts (9 days from UK to Toronto & no duty).

PBK is pretty good :thumbup:
Wow, 9 days? Still waiting on my orders....

markdjr

by markdjr

I didn't read through all the pages here, but just fyi, biketiresdirect.com will usually price match probike with much faster shipping.

bilwit

by bilwit

if it doesn't ship within two weeks then just cancel, it can take them ages to backorder things they don't actually have in stock

Orbital

by Orbital

My orders from Sept.4 and Sept.23 both arrived today. No real customs declaration or paperwork on the boxes. No duty or taxes charged by CRA Canada.

robertbb

by robertbb

Another thing is, their system doesn't actually tell you how much of something is in stock.

You might order 4 jerseys and only one ships. You then contact them weeks later and they say: "Oh, looks like there's not enough stock at the supplier, we'll refund you".

Very annoying.

chorus88

by chorus88

robertbb wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:43 am
Another thing is, their system doesn't actually tell you how much of something is in stock.

You might order 4 jerseys and only one ships. You then contact them weeks later and they say: "Oh, looks like there's not enough stock at the supplier, we'll refund you".

Very annoying.
Everytime I order from PBK, I delete my Payment Card info from the website.
So a refund with PBK can potentially be a pain in the arse :smartass:

bilwit

by bilwit

chorus88 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:35 pm
robertbb wrote:

Very annoying.
Shouldn't be an issue, the backend payment system (such as PayPal) goes by the transaction account so they don't need your information stored to issue a refund, just the associated transaction number. For orders that are stuck in backorder hell ("awaiting stock pick"), they don't charge upfront for them. They place the charge only for items right when they're shipped.

Like robertbb said, the problem is that you have absolutely no idea if or when an order will actually go through unless by chance the item is immediately shipped by them, which can be the case a lot of the times to be fair.

robertbb

by robertbb

bilwit wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:15 pm
chorus88 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:35 pm
robertbb wrote:

Very annoying.
Shouldn't be an issue, the backend payment system (such as PayPal) goes by the transaction account so they don't need your information stored to issue a refund, just the associated transaction number. For orders that are stuck in backorder hell ("awaiting stock pick"), they don't charge upfront for them. They place the charge only for items right when they're shipped.

Like robertbb said, the problem is that you have absolutely no idea if or when an order will actually go through unless by chance the item is immediately shipped by them, which can be the case a lot of the times to be fair.
But there is a flow on affect to your credit card. The "hold" placed by your card provider is for the full amount of the original transaction and sits in a "pending" state. PBK has to actually cancel the order for that to be released and your "funds available" to adjust back up. That in itself is not PBK's fault, but I've had to get in touch every time to ask them to actually cancel an order they already new they couldn't fulfil (supplier out of stock, etc) and which was sitting in limbo indefinitely along with the hold on funds.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

biwa

by biwa

Does chatting with their representative online and asking to verify the stock level before order help?