Well Designed/Subtle Jersey Options?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

RyanH

by RyanH

Here's what the Siroko SRX jersey looks like (as well as the new Pedal Mafia kit in the back):

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robertbb

by robertbb

Ryan you're running rim brakes. I just want to enquire as to your wellbeing - did you survive the ride?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

RyanH wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:00 pm

I've been wearing Siroko SRX jerseys and have been happy with them. They are very lightweight, material is stretchy and form fitting and they are aesthetically pleasing with very subtle branding. My only complaint is that they tend to bunch up a little since they are on the long side while riding but it's not something you notice, only something you see in photos.

Are their sizing charts accurate? 84cm chest and 76m waist for size small, 90cm / 82cm for medium seems incredibly tight even compared to Castelli and Santini.

micky

by micky

robertbb wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:20 am
Ryan you're running rim brakes. I just want to enquire as to your wellbeing - did you survive the ride?
:lol:

RyanH

by RyanH

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:05 am
Are their sizing charts accurate? 84cm chest and 76m waist for size small, 90cm / 82cm for medium seems incredibly tight even compared to Castelli and Santini.
No, I'm a medium on their charts (90 chest, 82 waist) but I've been wearing a size small. There is a lot of stretch in the SRX Pro but even with that being the case, there is still bunching occuring when in the bike position.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

What about pockets? The seem very small in photos.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

RyanH

by RyanH

Pockets stretch well and don't sag much for how lightweight the jerseys are (at least not like Rapha). They seem to hold as much as my other jerseys (like Assos).

Rudi

by Rudi

Can't comment on the Siroko SRX. I've got the M3 ultralightweight and the M2 originals jerseys. I'd have sized down in the M3 for sure if I had that decision again. Sounds like the same situation as above as there is a lot of stretch in the M3.

Do like them though and will probably get some more from them next year
Cervelo R3 - 5.4kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142420

spud

by spud

in this same vein of subtle designs, this is one of my favorites, sorry about the long hypertext -

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/spec ... gK-ofD_BwE

Unfortunately, mine got torn up in a high speed crash, and I'd love to get a short sleeve or long sleeve size L to replace it. If anyone has a lead on one, I'd be appreciative.

Mocs123

by Mocs123

RyanH wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:00 pm

I've been wearing Siroko SRX jerseys and have been happy with them. They are very lightweight, material is stretchy and form fitting and they are aesthetically pleasing with very subtle branding. My only complaint is that they tend to bunch up a little since they are on the long side while riding but it's not something you notice, only something you see in photos.
I broke down and bought two Siroko SRX jersey's based on your recomendation and photo as I very much like solid jersey's with minimal branding. I also got the matching socks for both jersey's (just because I'm a sucker for socks). I have to say I'm really impressed for the price as the jersey's and socks are really nice for the money (OK the socks aren't really any cheaper than say DeFeet). I've only worn each once, but the look and feel very nice - and I'm planning on picking up a few more colors.

I did notice the instructions say to hand wash. Do you hand wash them or wash them in the washing machine on delicate?
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Ah, crap,... just read this now. I usually go up one size if it says slim fit/ race fit. So i am 97cm around chest and i pick XL. But if these stretch i might have ordered wrong size. Just noted that one of my new Castelli jerseys fit awkward compared to an older. Looking at XL here to. It's kind of puffy at the shoulders.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

bobones

by bobones

I've had a couple of M2 jerseys for a while and they wash fine at 30C. The M2 material is quite thick and stretchy so I thought I'd try the ultralightweight M3, which definitely feels lighter and more premium. I bought the M which seemed to fit well (I'm 180 cm /70 kg), althought the sleeves are long and down to my elbows, but once the pockets are loaded, the jersey sags badly and the back catches on my saddle. I'll try an S next time.

I can highly recommend the BX shorts though. I have the grey BX Fassa in M and they fit great with quite long legs and nice compression. I had a long ride in them with over 9 hours in the saddle and the shorts were comfortable throughout. I struggle with premium Castelli shorts on long rides and these were better IMO.

BTW, if you're shopping for Siroko stuff, you can get 10% off by using YouTuber Trace Velo's link, https://srko.co/tracevelo/ and the Edge browser found the code BACK10 for another 10% off on top. Seems to be plenty of other discount codes floating around too. The express delivery is exceptional: two days from Spain to Scotland for me (ordered Monday arrived Wednesday).

MrB123

by MrB123

https://www.lusso.bike/products/aero-jersey-hebden-1

Anyone tried one of these from Lusso? Their stuff is usually pretty good quality. Would be interested to hear any comments on the sizing.

RyanH

by RyanH

@Mocs123 I just wash them in the laundry with all my other sports apparel. They've been in rotation for awhile and are holding up well, although my white ones are slightly discolored so they're probably due to be replaced.

For foggy days, I like Le Col as they are thicker and look nice, but they're unpleasant on hot days. I was at Abloc yesterday and Catella had some summer jerseys that were basically mesh on the back side, I'll probably pick up one of those to try.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sfo423

by sfo423

I have the jersey in blue matched with the total comfort bibs. I like the jeresy material and zipper. Its a tad long based on current trend of short jerseys but I just roll the bottom band up. Also, I'd size down on the jersey too.
gravity wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:47 am
Have anyone bought this Sportful Monocrom jersey care to share some feedback? Looks really cool in pictures and price is not too bad either.
The Monocrom is made in one color, treated with a resin and then dyed in a new color. The result is a garment that is literally unique, every single time, thanks to differences in absorption. This is the essence of Monocrom. A jersey with a unique style, just like yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk