Camera Mounts and Assorted 3D Printed Parts

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

bsharp77

by bsharp77

WheresWaldo wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:52 pm
@bsharp77

The Giant part is waiting for me at the local dealer, unfortunately I have taken ill and i am restricted to bed rest for the next week+. I will pick it up as soon as I get a chance.
Ahh no, sorry to hear that Waldo.
Never worry, your health is by far the most important thing - hope you feel better soon and thank you for going to the effort of keeping me updated.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

johnrho

by johnrho

[mention]WheresWaldo [/mention] - do you have the Garmin varia mount for the SL7 seatpost junction cover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@johnrho
I did not know, the SL7 had a cover. Unfortuneately my local dealer is an asshole and insists I have a bike serial number before I can order any parts.

johnrho

by johnrho

Ok cool thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@bsharp77

Sorry this took a bit to get going, but I have the Giant cable stop now, but I am on a forced layoff from the PC. Sadly my graphics card took a dump and it is being sent back to Gigabyte to repair under warranty. I would just go out and get a new GPU, but this one was bought at pandemic prices and I need it to last at least one more year to help recover the stupidity costs that was the PC market then. I estimate that it will be three weeks before it is shipped to L.A., repaired and returned to me. At least we can watch the TDF during that time.

In the meantime can you take a picture of your cable stop and send me a PM with what you want different so I can start thinking about what I can do.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

In about three weeks time I should also have mounts for the RCT735 and the new Gen 4 Domane and the new Gen 7 Madone.

bsharp77

by bsharp77

WheresWaldo wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:56 pm
@bsharp77

Sorry this took a bit to get going, but I have the Giant cable stop now, but I am on a forced layoff from the PC. Sadly my graphics card took a dump and it is being sent back to Gigabyte to repair under warranty. I would just go out and get a new GPU, but this one was bought at pandemic prices and I need it to last at least one more year to help recover the stupidity costs that was the PC market then. I estimate that it will be three weeks before it is shipped to L.A., repaired and returned to me. At least we can watch the TDF during that time.

In the meantime can you take a picture of your cable stop and send me a PM with what you want different so I can start thinking about what I can do.
Hi Waldo,

Good to see you're feeling beter - pity the computer isnt!
Photo attached to show you the cable stop as is at the minute - the idea would be to move the brake cable entry over to the left a bit, allowing the di2 cable to slip in neatly behind it. The idea being that I can heatshrink both cables together right up to the cable entry port and then they both disappear neatly giving the illusion of one cable if that makes sense.
The only thing that might need a bit of consideration is how to get the di2 cable end in through the opening - I could splice if required but would really prefer not to!

bsharp77

by bsharp77

Hi Waldo, just checking in to see how the graphics card replacement is going?!

uppis

by uppis

Dannnnn wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 8:08 am
My latest little projects

Specialized SWAT mount for the SeeSense Icon 3 rear light

Ribble Endurance SL headset to Specialized Tarmac SL7 stem adaptor

Also drawn up a new mount for my Exposure Sirius front light that'll go on the SL7 out front mount

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Interested in that Sirius mount for SL7, how did it turn out?

Dannnnn

by Dannnnn

uppis wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:39 pm
Dannnnn wrote:

Also drawn up a new mount for my Exposure Sirius front light that'll go on the SL7 out front mount

I'll grab some photos tonight.
Have two versions, one is a bit more "Aero" but I need to work on the design a little bit more.

Dannnnn

by Dannnnn

uppis wrote:
Dannnnn wrote:

Here you go.ImageImage

uppis

by uppis

Dannnnn wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:41 pm
uppis wrote:
Dannnnn wrote:

Here you go.ImageImage

Thanks, thats a good idea to mount it straight to the underside. Mine attaches to gopro mount, but thats a bit unneccessary if the tilt is already dialed in.

Dannnnn

by Dannnnn

uppis wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:09 pm
Thanks, thats a good idea to mount it straight to the underside. Mine attaches to gopro mount, but thats a bit unneccessary if the tilt is already dialed in.
No worries.
All my lights are directly mounted, not only does it keep the front end cleaner but also stop any movement when you're out and about.

I generally knock them up in varying angles and choose the best one for that set-up. If anything this one needs to point up a bit more as it lights up the front tyre quite a lot.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Sorry guys, I haven't been on in a bit. It has been a rollercoaster of emotions and health issues this fall and winter.

My 92 y.o. mom is suffering from early symptoms of dimensia and I had to spend an extended amount of time with her and my dad. They live on the opposite coast, so no real access to my computer and files. Things were really bad while I was there, she said my sister and cousins were stealing from her. She accused my wife of 38 years of trapping me into marriage and having a child before we were married because her sister is 18 years her younger. That was a breaking point for me and I did something I still regret, I was angry and I yelled at her and told her she was a liar. I apoligized before I left, but still feel the pain to this day. While I was there, just before leaving I got very sick, I had gotten respiratory syncytial virus, which literally put me out of commision for almost a month. After I returned home, my wifes coworkers are just selfish, one came to work with children all diagnosed with Covid and they didn't tell anyone. Both my wife and I contracted Covid, but fortunately for us, it only lasted a week. Everything is almost back to normal now. I guess this is what it is like being a senior citizen now in the U.S. with a broken healthcare system and people who no longer show any empathy toward one another.

I really hope that 2024 is a much better year.
Last edited by WheresWaldo on Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com