Camera Mounts and Assorted 3D Printed Parts

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

EdWiser

by EdWiser

Living with some with dementia is heart breaking. They say thinks that in their right mind they would never say. But it is still painful. Hope 2024 is better for you.

kppolich

by kppolich

Printed a few bike related things today.

1.) A bontrager light storage strip. New bike room in progress!
2.) A few Bottom Bracket removal bits, one with a 3/8" socket mount to remove a chainring from my RaceFace cinch crankset.

Pics!

-KP

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bsharp77

by bsharp77

Hi all,

Im building up a 2019 Cervelo S3 (rim brake) to use as an ultra endurance bike.
I've just seen a stunning aero storage box made by 4frames.de - but they dont make it for the S3 (they do have one for an Aeroad - I wonder how close the seatpost shape is??).

Would anyone on here be able to have a go at designing something similar for the S3 (perhaps a version that gets down closer to the wheel to offer more storage)??!

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

bsharp77 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:12 pm
Hi all,

Im building up a 2019 Cervelo S3 (rim brake) to use as an ultra endurance bike.
I've just seen a stunning aero storage box made by 4frames.de - but they dont make it for the S3 (they do have one for an Aeroad - I wonder how close the seatpost shape is??).

Would anyone on here be able to have a go at designing something similar for the S3 (perhaps a version that gets down closer to the wheel to offer more storage)??!
Wow what an interesting design. I am pretty sure I couldn't design a version of that. And, honestly it will be a very expensive proposition to 3D print one, If you did fiberglass layup or carbon fiber layups it would be stronger, but still expensive. These guys try to recoup their costs by selling in volume.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Guys, I will be taking a break from creating new mounts for a little bit. I just returned home from 4 days in the ER. Come to find out I need to have open heart surgery. I go in for a consult on Mar 13 and should have the surgery done a few days after than, then 3 days in ICU and a 3 - 4 month recovery. I caught it before I suffered a cardiac event so the cardiology team says there was no tissue damage, but almost every artery in my heart is blocked. Every step I take is exhausting. CABG surgery is a fairly routine procedure in the U.S. and the cardiology dept in the hospital I am going to is top notch. I don't expect anything out of the ordinary and expect to be back designing mount before the summer is over.

London9921

by London9921

WheresWaldo wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:28 am
Guys, I will be taking a break from creating new mounts for a little bit. I just returned home from 4 days in the ER. Come to find out I need to have open heart surgery. I go in for a consult on Mar 13 and should have the surgery done a few days after than, then 3 days in ICU and a 3 - 4 month recovery. I caught it before I suffered a cardiac event so the cardiology team says there was no tissue damage, but almost every artery in my heart is blocked. Every step I take is exhausting. CABG surgery is a fairly routine procedure in the U.S. and the cardiology dept in the hospital I am going to is top notch. I don't expect anything out of the ordinary and expect to be back designing mount before the summer is over.
Just stumbled upon this, wishing you a speedy recovery! Glad you're in good hands. Take care

jurez

by jurez

Good luck Waldo, recover soon.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Surgery is next week (21 MAR) so maybe I will be able to come back sooner than I expect. Have to wait and see just how painful the chest incision is while healing, and how motivated I am to get back to it.

req110

by req110

Get well soon sir.
I am sorry that I criticised a design of some of your mounts in the past. You have a strong story of your life and I wish you the best.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

req110 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:42 pm
Get well soon sir.
I am sorry that I criticised a design of some of your mounts in the past. You have a strong story of your life and I wish you the best.
I never take that stuff personally, life is too short for that. Don't worry about criticising my designs, it is that criticism that forces me to do different and better.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Positive vibes sent WW.... cardiac problems in endurance athletes is becoming a thing. I'm scheduled for my 3rd cardiac ablation on May 6th. Can't wait to do it again.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

kppolich wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:07 pm

-KP
Nice! I see a couple of Pactimo jerseys hanging in there... I'm the Northeast region custom sales rep.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Back home and recovering. Hardest parts yet to come as the bones start healing and I start cardiac therapy