Camera Mounts and Assorted 3D Printed Parts

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Without actually having the SWAT toolkit and no friendly (and stocked) Specialized dealers in my area, I wouldn't even know where to begin. I am sure it is possible, I just wouldn't be able to do it at the current time.

raffit78

by raffit78

WheresWaldo wrote:Without actually having the SWAT toolkit and no friendly (and stocked) Specialized dealers in my area, I wouldn't even know where to begin. I am sure it is possible, I just wouldn't be able to do it at the current time.
Would it be possible to send it to you? Can I pm you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

raffit78 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:20 pm
Would it be possible to send it to you? Can I pm you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No problem, I replied with a question.

wannabefast

by wannabefast

@WheresWaldo

I have two of your Bontrager Flare SWAT mounts (canted version), and really happy with them, great job! I recently got one (https://www.shapeways.com/product/BJ8NR ... arketplace) for the Pro Stealth saddle I am using, and the quality is good as expected, but I wish it was positioned higher and closer to the saddle. Is this something you can/would do? Pictures to show what I am after:

How it is currently positioned

Where I would like it to be positioned

I understand the "long" version is adapted from the original, which sits under the saddle, hence needs to be low, but there isn't the same restriction with the extended position, and would be nicer(and less flexy) if the light sits higher and closer to the rear of the saddle.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@wannabefast

I can work on something like that, give me a couple of days to work something up. A question for you can you estimate the difference in degrees to get the Flare perpendicular to the ground, if looks like it is 2° - 3° but I would like a better measurement.

wannabefast

by wannabefast

@WheresWaldo

I am not sure any adjustment to the angle is necessary, it's actually pretty perpendicular to the ground currently, I think it was my saddle bag that was pushing it up slightly (perhaps the "arm" can be made a little thicker to make it stiffer?). I did a quick check with the level on my phone, it is angled up maybe 1 degree, hard to be super precise.

See the mount on its own:

Hopefully a more clear pic of where I am hoping the new position will be:

Let me know if you have any more questions or want to take it to PM.

wannabefast

by wannabefast

@WheresWaldo

I decided on whim to try the closer set of holes just to see how it looks, even though I didn't think that would accomodate the saddle bag. But lo and behold, the saddle bag still fits. I am good with how close this sits, even if a slightly higher position might look better to my eye, it's a pretty marginal improvement.

Thanks for entertaining my questions, and don't bother working on a new mount just on my account, unless you want to offer another option to others!

How it looks now

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@wannabefast
Glad it worked, and now you see the reason I included an extra hole in the top section.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

New mounts available

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Hey Waldo,

When I bought some Blendr rear light saddle mounts for my Pro Stealth saddle from you, I recall you showing a longer version but I can't find it. Do you still offer it?

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

WheresWaldo wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:19 pm
New mounts available
hey waldo long time! anything for the tarmac 0 offset seatpost 'cover'

kode54

by kode54

Bud,

Any progress on 3D printing mount adapters for the Hammerhead Karoo2?
Something like this....
https://www.shapeways.com/product/D8H49 ... arketplace

My issue is that I want to replace the Garmin quarter turn puck on my Enve mounts...but there's a center countersunk m3 bolt and the tab on the side which prevents movement or twisting within the base mount.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Have been busy, but I will try to answer all questions:
  • @BdaGhisallo try http://shpws.me/Sdfo
    @nathanong87 no one as asked before and I don't have a reliable source for Specialized bike parts, had a falling out with the local shop as they were not reputable.
    @kode54 nothing as I don't actually have a model of the Karoo2 mount

kode54

by kode54

I can send you a Karoo2 mount and an Enve mount if you need it. Not sure if any Karoo adapters are available on Thingverse or other CAD sources. LMK if you need to have the physical parts.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@kode54 I try very hard not to use anyones models. All but one single model in my Shapeways shop is 100% mine. I have seen the stuff on Thingiverse and other file repositories and try to avoid them like the plague. Although I have posted a few models on Thingiverse myself, mostly 3D printer and bicycle tool related.

If you want to discuss the Karoo 2 mount further, DM me.